IGNORED

Dina 2 in 1 video mod

sermajic

done this:

"Just thought I'd bump this as I just got a DINA 2-in-1 today. After being unimpressed with the terrible RF, I decided to take a whirl at modding the thing. What I did for composite video was I first wired up a 460 ohm resistor from pin 36 on the TMS9918 to the shield on the RF modulator, which acted as a ground source. Then I took another wire, soldered it across from pin 36, and then connected it to the RF jack (which had been cut off from the RF output). Works like a charm now, and the video quality isn't all that bad either!"

can anyone point me to a reliable source of where to get composite and audio from a dina 2in1?

so fo i managed to get onlyblack and white and no audio

help please !

• Like 2

enough trying to sell things

do you have any relevant info or not?

can anyone point me to a reliable source of where to get composite and audio from a dina 2in1?

help please !

done this:

"Just thought I'd bump this as I just got a DINA 2-in-1 today. After being unimpressed with the terrible RF, I decided to take a whirl at modding the thing. What I did for composite video was I first wired up a 460 ohm resistor from pin 36 on the TMS9918 to the shield on the RF modulator, which acted as a ground source. Then I took another wire, soldered it across from pin 36, and then connected it to the RF jack (which had been cut off from the RF output). Works like a charm now, and the video quality isn't all that bad either!"

help please !

So, is it all working properly now, or is there still an issue with video or sound? I did a quick mod on mine, very similar I think, although I disconnected the video output from the original circuitry (and added a resistor to ground).

still don`t know where to get audio and chroma, can you please email me data and or pictures?

Email me

So, is it all working properly now, or is there still an issue with video or sound? I did a quick mod on mine, very similar I think, although I disconnected the video output from the original circuitry (and added a resistor to ground).

Sound you should be able to get directly from pin 7 of the SN76489AN.

Video should be nearly as simple. It seems strange that you're not getting any color. I'd try isolating the output from pin 36 (keep the resistor to ground) from the rest of the circuitry that is leading to the RF modulator. I don't remember what component(s) need to be at least partially removed, but you should be able to see where the traces from pin 36 are leading, and remove one leg of the directly attached components.

still don`t know where to get audio and chroma, can you please email me data and or pictures?

Email me

If you're worried about heat, then I'd add a heatsink, with some proper adhesive, ideally.

The ColecoVision uses a TMS9928 (not TMS9918), so it wouldn't be a direct replacement. They're pretty much the same, except the '18 outputs composite natively, while the '28 outputs something similar to YPbPr/component -> you'd need something like my component mod to help you out there. I'm guessing the heat/power is about the same between the 2 chips.

If you're worried about heat, then I'd add a heatsink, with some proper adhesive, ideally.

The ColecoVision uses a TMS9928 (not TMS9918), so it wouldn't be a direct replacement. They're pretty much the same, except the '18 outputs composite natively, while the '28 outputs something similar to YPbPr/component -> you'd need something like my component mod to help you out there. I'm guessing the heat/power is about the same between the 2 chips.

thanks for your data

put a heatsink, but even with that i still see some graphic/colour glitches when overheating, though its way better now

i wonder if all dina 2 in 1 are the same, bought mine new

what about pal cbs colecovisions?

i have a lots of those

i have a lots of those

TMS9929. Similar to the TMS9928, except PAL instead of NTSC.

thanks you for taking the time to respond!

maybe i should buy more dinas and try?

or will they all overheat?

i loved the small system, good controllers and nice video, once modded

i have a lots of those

TMS9929. Similar to the TMS9928, except PAL instead of NTSC.