IGNORED

The Great Jumpman Level Design Contest

Cybergoth

Hi there!

I'm wondering wether this is off topic here, since this is about a contest run outside Atari Age, but on the Jumpman Lounge:

http://www.classicgaming.com/jlounge/

Here's some details:

"Closing date for submitting your user-made Jumpman Lives! level: 31 January 2003

I am thrilled to announce the Jumpman Lives! User-Made Level Contest. Email your user-made level to me by the end of January or vote for your favourite level in February and March. There are great prizes up for grabs for entrants and voters. Each entrant is permitted just one level - so design carefully.

First prize: A First Edition copy of IBM PC/PCjr Jumpman, released in October 1984 (pictured) and a Jumpman coffee mug.

Second prize: A Jumpman coffee mug.

Voter prize (selected randomly): A Jumpman coffee mug.

You can download Jumpman Lives!, complete with level editor here http://www.classicgaming.com/jlounge/other/jlives.zip

(125K). Email your level submissions to matty@classicgaming.com. Happy level designing!"

Enjoy,

Manuel

Hi Keir!

I don't know how good my level will be since I haven't used the Jumpman Lives editor in a couple years.

Oh, the editor is pretty simple, no fear! The complete instructions for it is only some four small pages to read and you can reread them anytime while editing with pressing 'H'!

Greetings,

Manuel

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Thomas!

So, how many people from here actually submitted an entry?

I'm currently giving mine the last polishing touches. Better last minute than never :)

Hm, that wasn't the answer for his question, was it?

Uhm... Ok. When the submission phase is over, Matty will offer all submissions to public judgement and then we can count how many AA member submissions are in. I'd estimate a number >= 2 :D

BTW: Just to make everyone curious: My level is called "Dodge 'Em" ... ;)

Greetings,

Manuel

Uhm... Ok. When the submission phase is over, Matty will offer all submissions to public judgement and then we can count how many AA member submissions are in. I'd estimate a number >= 2 :D

Make that three.

Voting is now on. Don't know if I can wait until March 31st to find out who wins!

This is kind of weird, but last night I had a dream that I was playing your level, Manuel. It was just like the one you made but with one difference: instead of smart darts, there were little cars driving around the tracks that you had to dodge.

Hi Keir!

Voting is now on. Don't know if I can wait until March 31st to find out who wins!

Oh, I can wait. I don't think I'll win anything with my level :)

And I'm yet undecided which level should get my vote. Need to play them some more.

This is kind of weird, but last night I had a dream that I was playing your level, Manuel. It was just like the one you made but with one difference: instead of smart darts, there were little cars driving around the tracks that you had to dodge.

Haha, cool!

I wish you could draw bombs in the task mode, then I could've designed the level in a way that one'd really have to move around in circles of the Dodge 'em tracks.

BTW: The wicked idea of getting the middle box removed with one of the upper bombs was from my girlfriend - She thought the level was in need of an evil twist :D

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi Keir!

Oh, I can wait. I don't think I'll win anything with my level :)

And I'm yet undecided which level should get my vote. Need to play them some more.

Well, I didn't mean that I thought I would win. Just that they're all so good I want to know how the results turn out. I also need to play them some more because I just can't decide. I think I'll add each one to a level pack so I can play them all in a row.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

Just to update you on the contest, Matty has created a page where you can see screenshots of all the excellent entries. You should check it out, I'm sure it motivates you to play Jumpman Lives! once again straight away! :)

Here's we go:

http://www.classicgaming.com/jlounge/poll2...l20030202.shtml

Greetings,

Manuel

• 2 months later...

Hi there!

Matty just emailed me. Apparantly he's been away on business.

Oh, and congratulations Manuel!  :wink:

Uhm... what? Did I win anything? I'd completely forgotten about the contest, until I just saw this post! :)

BTW: Are you too in the Jumpman Zero testing team? It's great, isn't it?

Greetings,

Manuel