IGNORED

Quantum and Mad PLanets could be fun on 7800

lucifershalo

I have been playing Quantum on Mame with a trackball

but I think it could be fun on 7800 even with a joystick

but as I cant program, it would just be a dream....

Mad Planets has also a control issue

the arcade uses a spinner AND a joystick

so maybe for the 7800 , using a driving controller (or foot pedal) and a joystick

or changing a bit how the planets rotate like in the C64 conversion, Crazy Comets

• 5 months later...

Ha, I was just playing my 7800 and had the same thought about Mad Planets. It's a great game that seems like a perfect candidate for the system! Has it ever been ported to anything?

There never has a been release of Mad Planets. I know Mad Planets is a long time rumor mill game for the 5200 with Parker Bros. being the publisher. Mad Planets was victim of Parker Bros. leaving the video game industry.

That is the closest thing Mad Planets has to a port on a computer or game console.

Edited by 8th lutz

• 1 month later...

Hate to dig up an old thread but why doesn't someone just hack Atari 7800 asteroids to be mad planets. The graphics are all there... I would add that using a flightstick style 2600 controller and a 2600 style driving controller would be an awesome solution to the controller issue. If someone wants to do this, I would even assemble the carts to sell them at shows and give commisions back to the creator! Also another thought, the 7800 has two buttons so one could be used to rotate clockwise.

I'll go so far as to say that, for me, Mad Planets would be a "killer app" for the XM (since it really ought to have POKEY sound), especially if it incorporates driving controller support.

Hmmm, there's a real need for some kind of joystick + driving controller hybrid for TRON, Mad Planets, Front Line...