IGNORED

Halo 2

walter_J64bit

There WAS one holdout that kept his account/game signed in for a few months, so it took a while for the halo 2 servers to come completely offline, but it looks like he must have had a power outage finally or just gave up. I remember he said he would keep it alive as long as he could.

edit...found it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-20004670-52.html

Edited by Skarrj

Original Xbox games are dead. It's somethinng to do with how regular Xbox games worked on the network, Microsoft axed it (to get people to move on to the 360) to get the network more stable and secure or something like that.

I remember back in the day, before live, you could play online runing through your computer and just have the computer treat the internet like a big ass lan. I used to play Halo CE on it, but it kind of died when live came out.

You can probably still do that lan over internet thing, if you could find someone else that wanted to play the game. Me and a few of my friends wouldn't mind.

[edit, but I'm going to have to reset up my stuff, and I can't remember how it was done, or find much in the way of info for doing it.

Edited by Video

Original Xbox games are dead. It's somethinng to do with how regular Xbox games worked on the network, Microsoft axed it (to get people to move on to the 360) to get the network more stable and secure or something like that.

I remember back in the day, before live, you could play online runing through your computer and just have the computer treat the internet like a big ass lan. I used to play Halo CE on it, but it kind of died when live came out.

You can probably still do that lan over internet thing, if you could find someone else that wanted to play the game. Me and a few of my friends wouldn't mind.

[edit, but I'm going to have to reset up my stuff, and I can't remember how it was done, or find much in the way of info for doing it.

Im sure it just wasnt worth it keeping all the networks up for those games.

Either way, if you played halo 2 a month before it got cut down, they hooked you up with lots of stuff, like free ms points, and 3 months of free live.

It was a nice surprise. =D

Halo 2 in my eyes was the best halo. They physics, the hit mechanics, the overall feel of the game, could not be beat!

It was/is Xboxconnect.

http://www.xbconnect.com/

Edited by Skarrj

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Xlink Kai is generally more active for most games. XBConnect usually has a single game that everyone is playing. The only thing with Xlink Kai is that all the Halo 2 games take place in the South America section no matter where people are actually located.

These services didn't die with Xbox Live. They have always been going strong. There was an influx of people from Live after the service went down though.