IGNORED

1UP! is now nothing but Atari

shep

Respected Atariage community,

A friend and I are starting a small, free online project to be released in mid-January. It is an online magazine viewable in Adobe Acrobat. This "e-fanzine" will contain reviews (all consoles new/old), news, previews (also previewing homebrew titles), editorials. We'll review for each issue just about whatever we want. This magazines consoles range from the begining through now, we don't wanna forget the classics, they'll be reviewed in with the newer consoles.

Enough about the details. As a huge Atari fan, I've bee trying to think up of some articles for Atari and their consoles, but I cannot come up with any ideas. I was hoping you guys would have some ideas for us. Any other opinions will be welcome with open arms. Thankyou for your time.

good luck on the new e-zine.

I recently converted most of my paper zines(the ones I have available that is) to pdf format.

t.skd has also a couple good ideas too(I've starting doing an article like that for zine,but since 2600 games keep poping up all the times it is too hard to keep up so I just mentioned a site that sells them(It was hozer but Ithink they are down now).

If you like to view my zines my website is http://avc.atari-users.net

then click on the link to the back issues.

Dan Iacovelli

Thanks for the advice, I greatly appreciate your assistance, and I really like the developer idea for homebrew titles. For one of the issues, I don't know if I will have time for the first one, im going to make a special little add-on 5-10 pdf zine featuring information history, reviews, previews, and hopefully interviews with some homebrew developers for the 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx and Jaguar. Also, does anyone know how to get some peoples interest in looking at the zine when it comes out later this month? I'm afraid no one will care about our opinions or appreciate our hard work we are putting into this project. I thought about putting the zine on mini CD-Rs and passing them around in my local areas, but online I have no clue how to approach to getting people's respect and attention. Although I realize it will take time before anyone takes us seriously. Any help would again be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the advice, I greatly appreciate your assistance, and I really like the developer idea for homebrew titles.  For one of the issues, I don't know if I will have time for the first one, im going to make a special little add-on 5-10 pdf zine featuring information history, reviews, previews, and hopefully interviews with some homebrew developers for the 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx and Jaguar. Also, does anyone know how to get some peoples interest in looking at the zine when it comes out later this month? I'm afraid no one will care about our opinions or appreciate our hard work we are putting into this project. I thought about putting the zine on mini CD-Rs and passing them around in my local areas, but online I have no clue how to approach to getting people's respect and attention. Although I realize it will take time before anyone takes us seriously. Any help would again be greatly appreciated.

I have most of my zines on 3 1/2 disketes ( I tried selling them at varriois shows Jagfest 2001 and 2002) I would sugguest that you try showing your zine at game shows like CGE or PC (if you have a laptop you can show the

zine on screen of the laptop so people can see what they geting)

Dan

Also, does anyone know how to get some peoples interest in looking at the zine when it comes out later this month? I'm afraid no one will care about our opinions or appreciate our hard work we are putting into this project. I thought about putting the zine on mini CD-Rs and passing them around in my local areas, but online I have no clue how to approach to getting people's respect and attention. Although I realize it will take time before anyone takes us seriously. Any help would again be greatly appreciated.

Well I am starting up a new site,sixswitch.com later this month and I could host it there/put a link to your site.Also I have custom made stickers,you could try that,go to www.stickerjunkie.com ,they are only $25 for 100.Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, I greatly appreciate your assistance, and I really like the developer idea for homebrew titles. For one of the issues, I don't know if I will have time for the first one, im going to make a special little add-on 5-10 pdf zine featuring information history, reviews, previews, and hopefully interviews with some homebrew developers for the 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx and Jaguar. Also, does anyone know how to get some peoples interest in looking at the zine when it comes out later this month? I'm afraid no one will care about our opinions or appreciate our hard work we are putting into this project. I thought about putting the zine on mini CD-Rs and passing them around in my local areas, but online I have no clue how to approach to getting people's respect and attention. Although I realize it will take time before anyone takes us seriously. Any help would again be greatly appreciated.

Shep, your zine have a website?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey I was gone there for awhile so I never got to see this post, but I am going to reply anyway. Yea I found out about a week or two after posting that message that a 1UP magazine is already created, so I had to go back to the drawing board. I now decided to make the magazine added in with my Blog site "Gamer85", and I think im going to just call the zine "Gamer85 magazine", thankyou for your concern.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...