IGNORED

Drum machine/synth programs

texacala

Anyone familiar with these programs? I recall typing one in from a magazine years ago (ANTIC iirc) and I noticed there are some percussion programs released by 2-Bit. I imagine there are others out there and was wondering if one is known to be particularly good as far as sound quality/features go. I'd like to find something I can put on a cart so I can just plug in and start rocking.

Anyone familiar with these programs? I recall typing one in from a magazine years ago (ANTIC iirc) and I noticed there are some percussion programs released by 2-Bit. I imagine there are others out there and was wondering if one is known to be particularly good as far as sound quality/features go. I'd like to find something I can put on a cart so I can just plug in and start rocking.

Do you mean somthing like this: http://www.retrogames.co.uk/more/on/details/013634 ?

Uhm. After a lot of messing with AMS, I decided to give up on AMS (a music file format called Advanced Music System). But I did remember BANJO.BAS, BASSYNTH.BAS, SYNDRUM.BAS (from Antic and it doesn't work). And RYTHMIZE.COM. All for your pleasure in an ATR in the attached .ZIP. If you're interested in AMS, just say something.

SNDMYDOS.zip

Thanks guys for tips-- I did find a review of Digidrum by 2-Bit that described it as "very good," so I've got some avenues to explore. I was kind of hoping though for a Killer App for Atari sound (and it's probably not the Music Composer cart which I found the other day in the garage).

In a literal sense, the topic springs to mind the Black Magic Composer (1992 LK Safari), which does both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SAAW4cUppk

Besides Digi Drum from 2-bit, there's also a polish made Atari Drum Machine (1988 Chaos), and there have been numerous other trackers/music programs.

A few titles that come to mind are:

Bank street Music Writer (Glenn Clancy/Mindscape 1984)

Chaos Music Composer (1992 LK Avalon)

Musica (Steve hales 1985)

Smon 1.2 SoundMonitor Professional (Thorsten Karwoth 1990)

SoftSynth (Christian Nieber 1985)

Soundmonitor (Benjy 1991)

Theta Music Composer (1996-1997 Jaskier of Taquart)

Most of this software will probably be PAL-system dependant, but it's worth trying them out.

In a literal sense, the topic springs to mind the Black Magic Composer (1992 LK Safari), which does both.

BMC seems the most advanced tool for making POKEY music with Digi Drums. Very good sampling abilities but limited POKEY programming.

Sandy is one of my alltime Atari 800 XL favorites :)