IGNORED

Pics of the new Retro Game Room

Ok,

Its a well known fact in my house that you do not let Cassidy do the following:

1. Pick out a movie at the rental store. I would end up loving it, but no one would get my sense of humor.

2. Make Coffee. I seriously cannot make a good cup of coffee. Its not that I don't try, but I just stink at it.

3. Make a fire in the fireplace. Luckily, I have not caught much on fire, and the new house does not have one, so fate is not tempted.

A new one was discovered today:

4. I can't make a good webpage.

Here is the link, if you would like to see some shots of the new basement set up. I have a feeling I will get beyond bandwidth within an hour or so, but check it out. Nicole and I worked really hard to get it all together, but I still have to add some more lights. The blue walls make it a real trick to photograph. Maybe thats number 5

5. Dont let me take pics of anything important. :)

Cassidy

LMK what you think....

http://www.geocities.com/cassmandoo/basement.html

No apologies for web skills. I actually can make a decent looking web page, but for my own personal stuff I rarely spend the time.

But I'm really writing to say, I loooove what you've done with the bathroom. I wonder if my wife would let me do that when we finish the basement.

Eric

PS: If there's any HTML you find useful in the personal page above (as if), feel free to grab it.

Thanks, guys!

I really have not ever worked harder on setting something up. Its been really dark and sort of bleak down there, so I added some more lights today, and it looks much brighter (duh, I know; but that blue paint just absorbs light). I have a wall of systems (Odyssey through GameCube; complete) but the pics are too dark.

I am going to try and see if I can make the images "clickable" to get bigger. Geez, am I an idiot on web stuff.

Thanks, Eric. That bathroom is bizarre. On the other walls, I have a Pole Position board game, an Atari Calculator, and a Kronoform robot watch, stickers, 80's retro stuff, a model of my 85 Vette, etc. The bathroom is sort of an extension of the basement, just more functional.

:)

Thanks again for the kind words. If y'all ever get into DC, and want to stop by for a cold one, drop me a line. Seriously love having gamers come and hang out.

Cassidy

Sweet setup Cassidy. The blue paint does make it look a little dark but it's a nice offset for everything else and 80's arcades were always dark anyways. Was that a boxed Vectrex I saw split between two pictures?

I've been trying to talk my wife into letting me do something similar for years but as of yet have had no luck. :( I used to have an entire wall (about 25 or so feet) w/ tables & a few shelves with all my stuff on it (no arcade cabinets yet [that one's even harder w/ the wife]) and she finally talked me into cleaning it all up so I went and bought 9 oak book shelves and 2 large oak video cabnets and cornered off a section of the basement with them. Now all my stuff is organized on the shelves w/ 6 systems set up on my table at any one time. I used the video tape cabnets to hold all my loose games & those w/ small enough boxes. 4 of the shelving units hold my systems, 2 of them my boxed games & gaming/programming books, and 2 for other stuff (like my collection of star trek micro machines). I recently started decorating the area w/ various trade show banners, catch phrases, and re-printed gaming posters. Of course now she calls it my little hole where I always disappear to. :roll:

Glitch,

Sounds like you are well on your way to a complete setup. I used to have all that stuff in my office. I am not really sure how I got it all in there.

I have all my systems boxed, 32 in all I think. Still need a box for my Arcadia. I have 15 of those plastic bins in the crawlspace holding boxes, because I can't come up with a way to display them nicely.

Cassidy

• 2 weeks later...