IGNORED

Is the Nintendo 3DS in trouble?

Mendon

Yes,I agree that is simple logic,but,I'm reading elsewhere on other forums that some are going to try and play both sides of the fence. ;)

Some are supposedly going to try and grab one at $250 at Wal-Mart and etc. and do their price matching stuff (after 8/12) to get it at $170 and also get the 20 free games before the deadline.Sneaky,huh? :) It just might work for some.I just don't know if I would go to that much trouble for 20 free lackluster titles! ;) :) To each their own.Free isn't THAT good.

I should mention that I rarely use the 3-d for very long, because it hurts my eyes. Even a few minutes AFTER using it for a few minutes, I have actual pain in my eyes. That... doesn't seem right.

People seem to think that enlarging the screens is a ridiculous idea, but I swear it'd help a lot of the vision issues people are having.

DSI XL: if the screens are bigger and the resolution is the same size, how could it be beautiful? Its more like a pixely-ass mess IMO.

IDK. In my eyes, they should just completely drop the DSI with the 3ds's price drop- so that people won't want the cheaper thing and say "its a DS".

I saw one of those DS line displays at Walmart, and I saw this written up for the 3DS (well, roughly):

-Amazing 3D graphics and screen quality without the need for special glasses

-Enjoy robust built-in software and online features

-Chat, send 3D photos, etc. with friends

No mention of exclusive games or anything, and the fact they put it right where the DS systems are only made it worse. No wonder the system is selling like crap.

DSI XL: if the screens are bigger and the resolution is the same size, how could it be beautiful? Its more like a pixely-ass mess IMO.

Have you seen one? It works. They're chunky-looking games & you're not going to "hide" the pixels no matter how you look at it, so why not have a nice big screen?

Funny to see people complain about pixels on Atari Age, home of the pixeliest pixels what ever got pixed.

• Like 1

Yeah, but were talking about a modern video game console, not the atari. Besides, old games only look pixely if you play them on an huge 50 inch LCD.

I think that the DS lite looks best.

The hardware's technically modern but the graphics sure aren't. Would you say the N64 looks best on a 2.8" screen?

Oh, and old games will look pixely not just on huge LCDS, but on nice CRTs with nice connections. Put s-video on a classic system & behold them pixels.

Edited by Rex Dart

Obviously you haven't played one.. it looks fine if not fantastic. The games remain the same resolution of course, but it's not to the point they get pixelated.

And this goes for even lower resolution titles such as Gameboy titles. This pic is meant to show how absurd Nintendo is selling Donkey Kong for 4 bucks but not having SGB border support, nor color. But it does show how nice the XL screen can be even with lower res games. :)

4DollarsPlz.jpg

-Chat,

Just curious, is this voice chat or do they mean texting?

Text, I think. Now that I think about, it probably said "communicate" instead of "chat". I'd have to go back to Walmart and take a picture or something.