IGNORED

PacManPlus Appreciation Thread

DamonicFury

Hi:

I've been pointed to this thread by jweirer and GroovyBee. Thank you all so much for what looks like one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I have apologized in the other thread for misunderstanding most things (except for the person who was banned): http://www.atariage....ost__p__2330263

You all are great, wonderful people, and I really feel silly now. There will be more games from myself and GB in the near future.

Thank you,

Bob

YAY BOB! :D I know I'm not a veteran here but this is hugemongous awesomely greatasticness.

You did this just to get Rep points didn't you. ;)

Great news. With PacManPlus out of the picture, I was seriously considering taking Curt up on his refund offer. I haven't been able to play any of his games yet, but I can tell that Bob really gets it and has the right idea about what kind of games should be on this system. I hope he's making games for it for years to come. Rise from your grave, 7800!

• Like 1

Ive only bought 1 AA cart in the last 3 or 4 years and that was the 7800 Pac Man Collection one. Its also one of the few 7800 carts I kept when I sold most of my collection (I have a CC2 ;) )

Bob does really great work - I only wish he would do some Atari 800 stuff :D

Ive only bought 1 AA cart in the last 3 or 4 years and that was the 7800 Pac Man Collection one. Its also one of the few 7800 carts I kept when I sold most of my collection (I have a CC2 ;) )

I wish he would do some tutorials so more people could start programming on the 7800.

Allan

Hi Guys

I know Bob since many years and i own all games,he ever made on cart.I do not understand the whole problem,but if Bob call this guy(do not know the name of this guy from ARGENTINA)

a....... he has his reasons,why he did.......Who is this guy? :x

He should better stay out,if he only makes problems.I like all 7800 games and without BOB we loose a great 7800 programmer,maybe the best.....So i would be happy,if BOB thinks about the whole situation and he would come back to the 7800 community.If i were BOB i would just ignore this guy and maybe some others......

BOB,we miss you.....

greetings Walter

Sorry for the hard words,but this is my opinion.

I want to thank Bob (and others too) for their support to the 7800 scene.

For me It's not only the games, It's not only see new games to your classic system, It's share the dream of create and publish your own games, sharing new proyects, progress, etc. (I remember now when I was a kid hacking Basic games on my Amstrad CPC and dreaming on publish my own games).

And I even imagined your games advertised, so I did a little mock-up:

post-4582-0-13855100-1311362247_thumb.jpg

For me, whatever Bob decides, he will have my respect :)

• Like 7

This place isn't the same without Bob around...

It is all his fault that I got into the Atari 7800 in the first place! His games are so damn good that I had to buy every one I could. I'm the proud owner of Pac-man Collection, Super Pac-man, Junior Pac-man, Asteroids Deluxe, Space Duel, Space Invaders 7800, and his Defender Arcade (early version) for the 2600. His programming skills are top notch but most importantly he's a great guy and goes out of his way to help others out. I speak from prior experience... he's the cream of the crop.

I surely hope PMP comes back to AA... it just feels empty without his presence.

From your mouth to God's ears. How bout some 800 action Bob? Oh and welcome back. :cool:

For me It's not only the games, It's not only see new games to your classic system, It's share the dream of create and publish your own games, sharing new proyects, progress, etc. (I remember now when I was a kid hacking Basic games on my Amstrad CPC and dreaming on publish my own games).

That's fantastic. Maybe you could do one for XM. Nice job. I could see this in an Atari 7800 game system/computer adapter magazine. Maybe we could call it 'MARIA: The 7800 Magazine.'. There could be Basic and assembly languange listings of games and utilities. It could be something like Antic and Analog magazine.

Allan

post-4582-0-13855100-1311362247_thumb.jpg

That is AWESOME! :)

You guys are something else - thank you again.

:) (I'm actually working on another game as we speak - and it's not one of the ones on my 'to finish' list) ;)

Bob

I wish he would do some tutorials so more people could start programming on the 7800.

Allan

Unfortunately, one thing I learned a long time ago at my previous job, is that I am *not* a good teacher. :( I don't explain things well. I wish I could.

Allan

Unfortunately, one thing I learned a long time ago at my previous job, is that I am *not* a good teacher. :( I don't explain things well. I wish I could.

Maybe but you could write some simple heavily commented example programs that people might be able to follow.

Allan