IGNORED

Atari Adventure 'The Pay Off'

retroaudio

Hi,

I really got into this adventure game when I bought my 130XE from Dixons, but could not finish it!

As I am back into Atari now I wonder if anyone has a full vocabulary list for this game?

Some hints would be nice but no solutions please! I am determined to complete it on my own (mostlty)!!

Thanmks,

Richard.

It has a fairly simple Parser, and it's pretty easy to complete. It was the first Disk Adventure I ever had (came with my 1050)...

I'll see if I can dig out a Vocab list and some hints, is there a part you are stuck on currently?

• 2 weeks later...

I cant remember how to get the briefcase out of the Plymouth so I'm stuck around the car park. I did get into the security office many years ago so I've got a long way to go!

In answer to your question......... Not very far!!!!

just been playing TPO, this is so cool :thumbsup:

ok I got the door open to the security office [hint look underground!] I didn't get the briefcase from the car either. I was doing ok when I tried to climb back down the guttering apparently I was carring too much :x My map sucks so better get a bigger bit of paper for tomorrow night ;)

I think I know what to do for the fence and remember some other window and what I need to do for a future time.

I found the break wind(ow) today :cool:

[yes you can use 4 letter abbreviations for most things]

There's a full solution in backwards text format in Page 6 issue 45 BUT we're not going to use that (yet) are we (I have the magazine dusted off)... between us we should be able to crack this game :ponder: I got stuck today, seem to have mapped as far as I can get but cannot get briefcase from the car or get into the top window (I'm pretty sure I've been further than this before)... might need a hint guys ;)

p.s. found a few more places to die (won't spoil things) may be we can post a list at the end of the game :)

Solution also in Atari User Vol 2 No 12 ;-)

For the Window you need to put something on the window before you smash it, and you need to so something to the alarm.

For the Briefcase you need to give something to someone.

Hopefully those are not too obvious, but enough to help.

Solution also in Atari User Vol 2 No 12 ;-)

For the Window you need to put something on the window before you smash it, and you need to so something to the alarm.

For the Briefcase you need to give something to someone.

Hopefully those are not too obvious, but enough to help.

nope! ok as far as I can see I have the car, the top window, and maybe the wall at the start, as the only places I can try anything... my map is small (garage office to 5th St.) so maybe I'm missing something major :?: I found the wire to cut but haven't had any instruction to do so :ponder:

When I got stuck I started to type in expletives - try the F word :cool:

How's u getting on retro :?:

Ok. so no spoiler warnings... then here you have the solution: http://solutionarchive.com/file/id%2C6856/ :cool:

ok I'm still stuck having examined everything and tried many strage things so I'm going to read a little: I'd recommend the Page 6 solution as it's in Backwards text so you don't see too much (page 24) ;)

What exactly are you stuck on?

I'm ok now thanks, have made it inside - after reading a couple of steps ;)

[edit got really far just now, but stuck again so near and yet so far :| )

Here's the [revised] command list so far, not all used and in no particular order so this shouldn't spoil things:

Edited by therealbountybob

I made The Pay Off last night (with a couple more peeks at the solution ;) )

Here's the completed command list as far as I have found out, not all used and in no particular order so this shouldn't spoil things:

N/S/E/W/U/D EXAM READ GET DROP GO OPEN GIVE DRUG OPEN KILL STAND MEND SPREAD JUMP PRESS PAY FEEL RUB RIG CLIMB UNLOCK UNBOLT HIT STICK PHONE PAY WEAR (you need to drop and object pick it up then wear it) BREAK PUSH DRILL CUT SPRAY MOVE F*!!

PLACE also works, but seems to screw up your inventory and you end up not being able to carry anything much, so avoid this command!

Nice game :thumbsup: I might have a bash at The Opera House next :)