IGNORED

next system

mark

It really depends what kind of gamer you are. I am playing the gamecube more at the moment, but I love my Xbox and Gamecube equally. The PS2 doesnt interest me anymore, I got rid of it several months ago. The Xbox seems to have more "older gamer" themed games, while the gamecube thrives off Nintendo's classic franchises, the same way the N64 did. Also Sega seems to bring their love to the Xbox, so that is something to consider if you are a sega fanboy.

Are you asking which of the three current systems will win the contest? Or what will constitute the "next generation" of systems?

In the former case, I'd say the PS2 pretty much has things locked up, and 2nd place is the only one that's in question. I'd love to see the GameCube do well, and it's been getting better in the last little while, but I'm not confidant that it can outdo Sony anytime soon.

In the latter case, I think Sony will be most likely to make the first move, as their hardware is the weakest at the moment (not that it shows much). I really hope they don't call it the Playstation 3 though... adding numbers on the end is a boring scheme for naming...

--Zero

Sony and M$ already made claims about their PS3/Xbox 2 machines... both are blowing smoke out their arse, but the info is there now.

Rumors only fly about Nintendo, as they have not officially stated if they are staying in the console world or not. It would be sad to see Nintendo go... but life goes on.