IGNORED

Houston Arcade Expo 2011

SpiceWare

Just got back to Austin. I took a ton of photos last night, and I will post them up to Flickr within the next 24 hours. The classic game consoles received a ton of attention at the show and people were playing them non-stop! Some people even told the organizers that they were the best part of the show. And you saw them as soon as you entered the show, so there was no avoiding them! :D

Darrell, great presentation yesterday, thanks for taking the time to put it together! Look forward to you giving it again next year. :)

Okay, time to eat!

..Al

On the main page. Looks like I forgot to update the last-update date.

Direct link:

http://www.spiceware.org/downloads/Atari%202600%20Homebrew.pdf

One of these days I'd like to revamp the site. All the images were created on my OS/2 box!

Edited by SpiceWare

Nice photos! Can you edit the captions?

http://www.flickr.co...57628006717145/

Game Over Videogames, which just opened their first Houston show store, was in attendance.

Fixed, thanks!

No shots from the presentation? Or are those elsewhere?

Those were taken with a different camera--I'll add those shots when I get home tonight.

..Al

I was in the area having dinner with some friends last night, so afterward I stopped by Game Over Videogames. Quite nice! I picked up a few new 3rd party Genesis Controllers for family & friends to wrap up with copies of SF2 for Xmas. I need to go back up with a list of 2600 & 7800 carts that I need :D

The guy working there had been to the Expo (not the guy in the photo) and asked all about the modded Atari systems.

I was in the area having dinner with some friends last night, so afterward I stopped by Game Over Videogames. Quite nice! I picked up a few new 3rd party Genesis Controllers for family & friends to wrap up with copies of SF2 for Xmas. I need to go back up with a list of 2600 & 7800 carts that I need :D

I need to get out there. I quizzed the guys a bit at the show. One of them wasn't familiar with the MSX, but it sounds like they do get stuff like Turbo Duo/Grafx. They said they mostly focus on consoles. I guess I can't walk in and buy Atari 8-bit computer stuff?

Also - thanks to you, Darrell, I am experimenting with Atari 2600 development.