IGNORED

My Jag site preview

future assassin

Looks very nice :)

(Content... Content... Content... ;-)

I always did like the OLDER Atari Logo... however I guess the newer one kinda matches your scheme you have going there, but still.... that new logo was redone in what? 99? hmm....

I'm glad Infogrames is back to the original logo. =)

Clint Thompson

:P

Yes, very nice looking so far...about that logo...maybe you could try and find that red marbled fuji that was used on the Inside cover of Next generation magazine back in '95 when they did that whole write-up on Atari and the interview with Sam (?) Tramiel...that was the coolest looking Atari logo i ever saw...the issue that said "Pussycat?" on the front cover, was totally black with the yellow Jag eyes...

Next generation magazine back in '95 when they did that whole write-up on Atari and the interview with Sam (?) Tramiel...that was the coolest looking Atari logo i ever saw...the issue that said "Pussycat?" on the front cover, was totally black with the yellow Jag eyes...

Yah I use to have that issue till but three years ago when it magicaly disapeared. Must be those damn magazine gobilns.

Looks very nice :)

(Content... Content... Content... ;-)

I always did like the OLDER Atari Logo... however I guess the newer one kinda matches your scheme you have going there, but still.... that new logo was redone in what? 99? hmm....

I'm glad Infogrames is back to the original logo. =)

Clint Thompson

Quoting Clint 'cause is same for me :)

Gunstar,

(What's your realname btw? or is that why we use alias?¿ ;-) heh..

(I can't remember for anything....)

That red marble Atari symbol is AWESOME! I always wanted to have one in real-life , something to hang on the wall, or put on the desk to show my Atarian pride (or some madness like that ;-)

I've been wanting to find some 'real' red marble just like that and use it to make a counter top for a desk of somesort (and of course, but all my great atari stuff on it ;-) lynx, jaggy, 800, st, falcon, etc. etc. :) mmm... I can see the red marble reflections now ;-) (haha)

Or how about a floor with the same red marlbe color and of course, in that room, nothing but Atari stuff :) (ah, can't I dream? )

Future Assassin, also if you need any captures of Jaguar games in video (.mov/quicktime) I can do it and send 'em your way. That's one thing most sites don't have is videos of the games, but I guess that's due to limited bandwidth eh?

I'll be checking your site on a regular basis to make sure you adding content ;-) heheh.... j/k(but I seriously will be checking it out!)

Good luck to a successful site!

Clint Thompson

Gunstar,

Future Assassin, also if you need any captures of Jaguar games in video (.mov/quicktime) I can do it and send 'em your way. That's one thing most sites don't have is videos of the games, but I guess that's due to limited bandwidth eh?

Yah badwidth is a problem at least on my adsl since Im only allowed 1 GIG upload per month then you have to pay for every MB you use up. I can get it pretty cheaply though since I get my ADSL from my last employer and I on pretty good terms with them even though I quit on them.

I signed up for Geocities and looks like they allow .zip and othe files if I link dirrectly to them that should work. SO if you want just send me or post links to the files.

Gunstar,

(What's your realname btw? or is that why we use alias?¿ ;-) heh..

(I can't remember for anything....)

That red marble Atari symbol is AWESOME! I always wanted to have one in real-life , something to hang on the wall, or put on the desk to show my Atarian pride (or some madness like that ;-)

I've been wanting to find some 'real' red marble just like that and use it to make a counter top for a desk of somesort (and of course, but all my great atari stuff on it ;-) lynx, jaggy, 800, st, falcon, etc. etc. :) mmm... I can see the red marble reflections now ;-) (haha)

Or how about a floor with the same red marlbe color and of course, in that room, nothing but Atari stuff :) (ah, can't I dream? )

I'll be checking your site on a regular basis to make sure you adding content ;-) heheh.... j/k(but I seriously will be checking it out!)

Good luck to a successful site!

Clint Thompson

Did you receive the e-mail I sent you a couple of days ago? My real name is my e-mail address, which can be clicked on here at the bottom of this post, but it's Matt Baker. I like to use handles, but I'm not trying to hide my real identity. :)

Well, I always loved 'standard' Atari logo...

About Jag, I really like the 'new' logo, the one that is on last games, like Ultra Vortex etc.

:)

You're talking about the Jaguar logo with the fuzzy, sort of glowing, white outline around the Jaguar logo and the 3D yellow balls with the "64-bit" on them? Not the fuji, which I don't think they changed, correct?

does anyone have a scan of this wonderful marble logo? sounds interesting. I have a fairly recent (last year) issue of Edge, the cover of which had a really cool 3D spinning Atari logo as a... that technique using ridged plastic to make images that move.

Well, I was going to scan it and send it to Albert to post here, but my scanner is on the fritz; it says I have a hardware conflict but I've been using the same hardware configuration for several years and hadn't had a problem before, so I think something is wrong with my scanner... (since I can't locate any conflict):sad:

I'll see if I can take a decent picture of it with my digital camera and get it up that way...

About Jag, I really like the 'new' logo, the one that is on last games, like Ultra Vortex etc.

You're talking about the Jaguar logo with the fuzzy, sort of glowing, white outline around the Jaguar logo and the 3D yellow balls with the "64-bit" on them? Not the fuji, which I don't think they changed, correct?

Correct :)

Correct :)

I always hated that logo. Something about the fuzzy white outline really looks awful. If they hjad made it perhaps something cool like a white drop shadow or something with a sharp edge it would have fit the Jaguar more.... but that fuzzy outline looks blurry and kindy sissy and weak. Hardly the image for a powerful cat like the Jaguar.

I always hated that logo. Something about the fuzzy white outline really looks awful. If they hjad made it perhaps something cool like a white drop shadow or something with a sharp edge it would have fit the Jaguar more.... but that fuzzy outline looks blurry and kindy sissy and weak. Hardly the image for a powerful cat like the Jaguar.

Really? Well, for me new logo seems more aggressive, and 'newer' and more modern than the old one (that it's not bad, I like it also).

IMHO, obiviously :)

I hate the jaguar logo with the white edge, it looks like they drew it on a white background and couldnt be bothered to clean it up when they cut it from the background. I was refering to the Atari logo with the rounded square box arround it, which is much newer I think, and in my mind is the logo Hasbro *spit* has invented to use to defile the Atari name. However the classic Atari logo wouldnt fit into the site design as well.

I hate the jaguar logo with the white edge, it looks like they drew it on a white background and couldnt be bothered to clean it up when they cut it from the background. I was refering to the Atari logo with the rounded square box arround it, which is much newer I think, and in my mind is the logo Hasbro *spit* has invented to use to defile the Atari name. However the classic Atari logo wouldnt fit into the site design as well.

So I'm the only one that enjoy the new look Jaguar (not fuji, I like the classic one) logo? :)

Yeah, the one with the fuzzy white border is the one that I hate. I think they switched over to that design for everything when they hired that Sega guy to be the big cheese at Atari and then they wouldn't let him make any business decisions. I seem to remember the fuzzy logo came out right after he started work there so I always though that this was the only think the Tramiels let him decide. :-)

Gunstar,

Nope, never got an email from you... maybe I should check my old email account ;-) my current email is :

adistortions@aol.com

On your scanner... my uncle had the same problem with his HP scanner, just turned out the drivers&software needed reinstalled...

If you still have the CD I'd give that a go :)

Clint Thompson