IGNORED

Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks

cimerians

In case there's a remote and slim chance there is anyone else here thats a fan:

http://www.destructoid.com/nerdy-delight-fighting-fantasy-talisman-of-death-207743.phtml

I hope and pray it makes it to the states. I used to read these books as a kid. Basically Choose Your Own Adventure D&D with dice rolling. Very well done.

• Like 1

I read a few of those old gamebooks before video games completely took over my (few) RPG needs. After the mixed feelings I had with Warlock of Firetop Mountain on the DS, I'm hoping this Talisman of Death will be more faithful to the old gamebook style. (I'm not a fan of dice-based game mechanics, but I'd rather play a good dice game than a poorly-made realtime combat game.) I'd better remember to look forward to this.

Yup its a book and by the looks of it all you do is read and let the game handle your character sheet and dice rolling. Which is what I always wished someone would do these days. :P

Kind of like the kindle versions which I highly recommend for anyone with a Kindle. I have seen these in action and they are pretty much exactly like reading the original books but it handles all your inventory and dice rolling.

Deathtrap Dungeon Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005B1EA04/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B005B1EA04

Original Book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1848310773/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=1848310773

• 3 weeks later...

I got it and was playing it last night. The translation is a little weird. Like the scanner they used skipped a few words here and there and there are some spaces in between words. Also the interior art wasn't scanned in all that great but then again this is designed for the PSP and I'm looking at it on a big TV. Overall though its really cool. I hope they do more of them. Nice to have it roll the dice for you and keep track of stuff.

• Like 1

That's interesting, thanks for letting us know. I used to have kindle software downloaded on my PC to read books off Amazon and might try out a kindle version of the fighting fantasy books if it handles the dice and the inventory.

Edited by Knubberrub