IGNORED

Split Second

Master_Programmer

Questions about the quality of the game  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the music i composed?

• That's music? i thought it was a glitch.
    • Terrible. never try to compose music again.
    • Meh....heard better.
    • Okay i guess.
    • Pretty good.
    • EPIC.
    • I'll answer the question, but i still want a cookie.
  2. 2. What do you think about the graphics of the game?

• AWFUL.
    • Not that good.
    • Not bad.
    • Pretty good.
    • EPIC.
  3. 3. What do you think about the gameplay?

• It was terrible.
    • It was a good idea, just excecuted wrong.
    • Not bad, but there are some things that need to be worked on.
    • Pretty Good.
    • Amazing.
  4. 4. What do you think about the characters?

• They look like the same rpg heroes shoved down everyone's throats.
    • Nothing special
    • Seen better.
    • Not bad.
    • Pretty awesome.
    • Amazingly Original!
  5. 5. Do you think i should make a sequel?

• Yes.
    • No.
  6. 6. If i make a sequel, should i use a new battle engine, or use the same one?

• Use a new engine
    • Keep the old engine

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Anyway, back to your game, you're probably not going to get any help with music. Everybody is busy working on their own stuff and most of them don't know much about music anyway. At least we have VbB's Music and Sound Editor now. The notes on the keyboards can keep us from making out-of-tune music and just that is a big help. It's up to us to do the rest unless somebody who knows about music can adapt the Music and Sound Editor to be even more useful.

Yeah, i tried using it, but the problem is, i'm not good with those little sound editors....i'm better working with numbers, but i have absolutely no musical experience, so the music editor is completely useless to me, sadly.

it's a great tool, don't get me wrong, but it's not a tool i can use.

anyways if you, or anyone reading this, finds anything they think might be a bug, tell me, and i'll try to fix it.

but for now, the lion's share of my focus is going to my new project, Project "Gaiden".

Yeah, I tried using it, but the problem is, I'm not good with those little sound editors....I'm better working with numbers, but I have absolutely no musical experience, so the music editor is completely useless to me, sadly.

It's a great tool, don't get me wrong, but it's not a tool I can use.

A complaint that some people have is that the Music and Sound Editor is not like all the little sound editors out there. It displays numbers in the Data Work Box instead of letting them drag notes around in a graphical environment. They don't want to deal with numbers, but you say you do, so I don't understand what the problem is.

The keyboard images only show the notes that are the most in tune. I right click on the notes until I find one I like, then left click to add the numbers to the Data Work Box. You don't need any musical experience.

And Expert Mode shows nothing but numbers. If keyboard images scare you for some weird reason, you can use Expert Mode to do everything. You just won't have any guidance keeping you from using out-of-tune notes for music.

Yeah, I tried using it, but the problem is, I'm not good with those little sound editors....I'm better working with numbers, but I have absolutely no musical experience, so the music editor is completely useless to me, sadly.

It's a great tool, don't get me wrong, but it's not a tool I can use.

A complaint that some people have is that the Music and Sound Editor is not like all the little sound editors out there. It displays numbers in the Data Work Box instead of letting them drag notes around in a graphical environment. They don't want to deal with numbers, but you say you do, so I don't understand what the problem is.

The keyboard images only show the notes that are the most in tune. I right click on the notes until I find one I like, then left click to add the numbers to the Data Work Box. You don't need any musical experience.

And Expert Mode shows nothing but numbers. If keyboard images scare you for some weird reason, you can use Expert Mode to do everything. You just won't have any guidance keeping you from using out-of-tune notes for music.

No, i'm just weird, trust me, i only ever seem to do good, typing out the individual data-statements, then listening to the song, over and over again, until it sounds right.

Seems like you have a good start. Keep it up!

I wouldn't mind composing songs. Could you release the source code to see how you're handling it?

With this game, no, i can't.

it's already done, and to be honest, i want to stop updating this game as soon as possible, so i can get to my next project

But if you want to help me with my next project, i'll gladly accept. :)

with how i handle sound, it's *VERY* similar to the default music template that the music editor in VB makes.

the only real difference, is the fact i tend to either work with only one sound channel, leaving the other for Sound effects, or i make both channels the same tone, just the second is in a different key. XD

but, i could easily try to make both channels play separate data-statements for making more complex music if you prefer.

so would you be willing to help me, and join my tiny programming team?

i promise i'll always credit you, in any boxart, ending credits, or post, for all the music you make.

. . . typing out the individual data-statements, then listening to the song, over and over again, until it sounds right.

I've done that with the Music and Sound Editor Data Work Box too. Well, not exactly typing out. I copied and pasted some data, edited it, previewed it with Stella, copied and pasted, edited it, previewed it with Stella, and so on. I do that when I already know what I'm trying to do with a sound effect and don't need to click on anything above the Data Work Box.

• 1 month later...

Now that you've done "War for Equestria", any chance you'll work on the sound for this game again?

This looks really interesting, but the music keeps me from playing it. :/ IMO, you really should have taken Animan up on his offer to help with it. I'd love to see a little more polish done to this game and others may too. :)