IGNORED

Master System HSC Season 2 Round 21: Time Soldiers

4Ks

gfs_40113_2_1.jpg

Team up with a friend and join a battle that crosses time and space. The evil space tyrant Gylend has attacked Earth and turned five of your friends into energy balls. As the leader of the Earth Command Troopers, your job is to track your friends down and get them back. The problem is, Gylend has scattered them across time in different parts of Earth's history. You have the D-Scanner... a device that can guide you through the river of time! You have shoulder-mounted cannons and access to even more powerful weapons. But Gylend has the might of the creatures of history turned against you! From cavemen to armored attack craft, all will fight you with everything they have. If you succeed in rescuing your friends, you will face the fiercest battle of all... Gylend. Only you stand between Earth and total defeat!

Scoreboard:

roadrunner 21,800

bigbee99 3,100

zylon 1,600

Hints & Tips:

None yet.

Current HSC Points:

zylon 398

roadrunner 336

Sonic R 118

4Ks 90

feldhaus97 56

JibbaJabba 42

CRV 30

bigbee99 28

CebusCapucinis 26

patbb 22

JacobZu7zu7 20

thegoldenband 12

Edited by 4Ks

1st run, 3100. I don't really like the aiming much.

B

That's interesting. I never played the Master System version.. how does it handle the aiming?

The arcade game used a rotating 8-way joystick so there's gotta be some sacrifices made to port it to a pad.

if I go all-out on these, it wouldn't be very sporting. There's a few games I'd give it all to, but I'm otherwise giving others some opportunity to win. :) Next season, if I play, I'll use emulation exclusively as a handicap. I get 20-30% less points on that and I'm tired of digging out rare games that no one plays. :sad:

Well my SMS collection is less than 20 carts, but I've always enjoyed the SMS. The largest part of collection is NES with about 100 carts and that about 1/8 of all the games made for it. And of the 3 HSC I play in, the NES is the only one I have out that I play the games on hardware. I don't have this months NES game on cart though. I've been thinking about getting a few flash carts though but those usually run a good bit of $$$. And 1st I have some more C64 stuff I would like to get.

B

Edited by bigbee99

Well my SMS collection is less than 20 carts, but I've always enjoyed the SMS. The largest part of collection is NES with about 100 carts and that about 1/8 of all the games made for it. And of the 3 HSC I play in, the NES is the only one I have out that I play the games on hardware. I don't have this months NES game on cart though. I've been thinking about getting a few flash carts though but those usually run a good bit of $$$. And 1st I have some more C64 stuff I would like to get.

B

I have a SMS/Game gear emulator for Dreamcast that works ok except for gun games. The control is slightly "off" as I score about 30% less on average if I use it.

C64 is my favorite of the old 8bit computers. I'd highly recommend Space Harrier on it. :)

Otherwise, I'm having a bit of a Favre moment on this HSC. :ponder: We have people request games, then they stop playing. At least with people using emulators, we can play anything in the catalog instead of the dreck.

Edited by zylon