IGNORED

Atari Bill collection room

Ok, it's been a long time coming. I've wanted to post pics for so long, and just haven't had the time to make them and post. I'm making the time this weekend. It was hard to get everything so I've tried to piece together from around the room. Not as impressive as some (looking at you Tempest :lust: ) but I'm proud of it. Enjoy!

post-14461-0-18348000-1312651549_thumb.jpgpost-14461-0-14893300-1312651600_thumb.jpgpost-14461-0-67847300-1312651622_thumb.jpgpost-14461-0-20785600-1312651793_thumb.jpgpost-14461-0-73358400-1312651816_thumb.jpgpost-14461-0-64075000-1312651847_thumb.jpg

Here are a few closer shots for details on certain areas

post-14461-0-13050800-1312652193_thumb.jpg Cubicolor on top. with my boxed Gameline. Also my Telstar Arcade will all 4 carts.

post-14461-0-48968100-1312652229_thumb.jpg Channel F, Arcadia, Vic 20, Atari Computer, & SMS

post-14461-0-69284300-1312652580_thumb.jpg My Cubicolor letter signed by Rob Fulop

post-14461-0-78453400-1312652721_thumb.jpg

post-14461-0-45566400-1312652772_thumb.jpg

post-14461-0-13618500-1312652811_thumb.jpg Love my 7-11 Slurpee cups!

post-14461-0-94607500-1312652834_thumb.jpg Also love my Coleco handhelds!

post-14461-0-21578200-1312652901_thumb.jpg

post-14461-0-31732900-1312653202_thumb.jpg

post-14461-0-74994200-1312653233_thumb.jpg One of my newer purchases the Coleco KidVid along with some releases from 2001 or 2002 Vegas Conventions.

• Like 5

Great collection AB. I have a question. How did you mount the marquee on the wall? I have several and was debating which way I should do it.

I used the 3M command strips that go on and come off by streching. I haven't tried removing the strip from the marquee, but I figure I'm never going to install it in an arcade unit anyway so I'm fine with it. I actually have 3 marquees mounted (only one seen in the pics); Venture, Donkey Kong Jr., and Cheyenne (one of my favorite arcade games!)

:lust: :cool: Very nice collection!!!!

I take it that is you featured in the newspaper article hanging on the wall. Any links?

Yes, that's me. I answered a request from the Toledo Blade for people that are retro game enthusiasts. They sent a photog down and did a shoot of my game room and had a bit of an interview. It was pretty cool. It was then detailed in a Sunday edition. This was back in 2009 so I honestly don't know if there is any link still out there or not. I picked up a few copies to keep of course. The piece I have on the wall is just the part from front page of the living section. There was about a quarter to half page of story / pictures a few pages back.

I was particularly impressed with how well the Donkey Kong wall graphics mimicked the image on the Donkey Kong Jenga box. Very nice picture-in-picture!

As for the rest, I will pretend not to be violently jealous and say, wow! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks again. I don't have nearly the collection of some of the bigger players, but I'm pretty proud of the variety of items that I have across most of the retro platforms as well as some of the oddball items I've accumulated over the years. :P

I was particularly impressed with how well the Donkey Kong wall graphics mimicked the image on the Donkey Kong Jenga box. Very nice picture-in-picture!

As for the rest, I will pretend not to be violently jealous and say, wow! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks again. I don't have nearly the collection of some of the bigger players, but I'm pretty proud of the variety of items that I have across most of the retro platforms as well as some of the oddball items I've accumulated over the years. :P

And not to single out too much here, or to come off as some bizarre sort of perv, but I'm very impressed to see boxed copies of Beat 'em and Eat 'Em and Custer's Revenge side by side. ;) The impressiveness comes not from the size of the collection, but as you say, the oddball interesting stuff you've got there. The board games, the weird stuff like the Jenga game, all very cool!

And not to single out too much here, or to come off as some bizarre sort of perv, but I'm very impressed to see boxed copies of Beat 'em and Eat 'Em and Custer's Revenge side by side. ;) The impressiveness comes not from the size of the collection, but as you say, the oddball interesting stuff you've got there. The board games, the weird stuff like the Jenga game, all very cool!

Yeah, you might say I stumbled on to the "adult" titles. My in-laws owned a video store for over 30 years here locally. Unfortunately, they just closed this past month after being open since '81. Back in the day, they rented video games. Those have long since been gone, but a few years ago, by father in law mentioned that there were a few he had that he came across that never were rented to the general public. He brought them to me and lo and behold I have the Mystique titles! Absolutely mint in box never used. Defintely lucked into those titles. :)

I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't read this as "Atari Bill Collector Room" but as "Atari Bill Collector Room"? I'm always wondering where all the bill collectors from Atari went! :lol:

That collection is AWESOME! I just looked up that Omni Game System on eBay, as it looks very interesting and definitely something I want to partake in! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I hope I'm not the only one that doesn't read this as "Atari Bill Collector Room" but as "Atari Bill Collector Room"? I'm always wondering where all the bill collectors from Atari went! :lol:

That collection is AWESOME! I just looked up that Omni Game System on eBay, as it looks very interesting and definitely something I want to partake in! :thumbsup:

I always thought it was pretty unusual. I found it at a flea market complete in box with nearly an entire library of complete in box tapes (yes actual 8-track tapes!) for use. I think I might only be missing 1 or 2 titles. The game iteself is simply an early trivia type of game. It's definitely an interesting piece for its age. Not sure how collectible it would be to the gaming masses however. Thanks!