IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 4 Round 13: Super Breakout

zylon

Just a little table at the round's mid-point for those interested. :)

Current total scores:

6296 zylon (+1)

4655 peedenmark7 (+1)

3696 sdamon (+1)

2682 JacobZu7zu7

920 Sonic R

454 BydoEmpire

It's now the weekend so I'll share a tip as promised. ;)

On Doubles, when you get down to one brick, lose your ball. When you start next ball, you'll have 2 bouncing around. If you can keep them both going, you have a good chance of the next screen starting with a ball already bouncing on the top bricks. This is great for mega-scores. :cool:

Sonic and I, also broke the previous Breakout record, shouldn't we have a +1 too?

Does the BONUS (progressive) get added to our final totals?

Once someone breaks the record, they have set a new one which must be beaten to get the bonus point. The two of you were just a bit late on the draw. The Breakout record was sickeningly low so I let one full day pass before posting to give others a chance at it. :)

So, the answer to both questions is no. :| The bonus/progressive is a separate contest in which top 3 submitted scores get a HSC point.

Cool tip zylon, :thumbsup:

Now the key for me would to have a ball to spare by then lol. I lose most games, when it goes on top...and makes my paddle shrink to half-size. :x

Here's a shot of the trick in action. :cool:

I've also worked on Breakout and Cavity modes a bit. :evil:

Breakout: 1674

Cavity: 1500

post-25215-0-08093700-1313368171_thumb.jpg

post-25215-0-32152100-1313368476_thumb.jpg

post-25215-0-60964900-1313368497_thumb.jpg

I'll make an exception on the HSC record bonus this time only. If every player this round beats the original Breakout mode record, I'll give the bonus point to all. Only one player hasn't beat it yet or submitted a score.

Thanks to zylon's tip, I was able to boost my Doubles score a bit: 1374

The A8 version lets you do this easier it seems and I've yet to get it to work on 2600 port.

Nice to see one of my "secrets" working in the real world. :thumbsup:

Quick question - what does (busted) mean in the HSC Records section on the first post, and why is my total only my score from Breakout, not the other modes? Just not updated? Not a big deal, just wondering if I didn't do something right.

(busted) means record has been busted, new record follows it. :) I'm not updating the total score count each day, but am keeping the individual scores current. I will be updating the totals table tonight. :cool: You only had one score submitted at the time I did the table. ;)

In the meantime, I worked on Doubles some and broke it. :? I cleared the screen and was on 4th ball and it wouldn't put up the next screen. :sad: I was on a roll too. :x

Doubles: 1870

post-25215-0-72224800-1313866009_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

One day to go table. :)

7484 zylon (+1)

4655 peedenmark7 (+1)

3952 sdamon (+1)

2862 JacobZu7zu7

2101 atariron82

1674 BydoEmpire

920 Sonic R

A few of you are missing a couple scores and one player is missing altogether. :ponder:

I'll make an exception on the HSC record bonus this time only. If every player this round beats the original Breakout mode record, I'll give the bonus point to all. Only one player hasn't beat it yet or submitted a score.

Looks like everyone is on track for the xtra point so far. :cool:

Looks like I'm the winner of a tough-played round. :cool: Congrats and thanks are in order for all who gave me a tough game!

Here's the final table:

Final total scores:

7484 zylon (+2)

7266 peedenmark7 (+2)

3952 sdamon (+2)

2920 JacobZu7zu7 (+1)

2573 Official Ninja (+1)

2101 atariron82(+1)

1674 BydoEmpire(+1)

920 Sonic R(+1)

• Like 1