IGNORED

Rush Hour

Zach

It it not widely known that the Rush Hour binary out in public is not an original prototype. I made some small modifications, cleaning up for the CGE 2003 release.

There are three files that were given to me and I presume they are dumps of original chips. I'd rather see the binaries shared publicly, but it's not really my decision. The people who tracked down Rush Hour asked me not to share the files with anyone.

Still, I feel I can show you a video without breaking the agreement, thereby shedding more light on the history of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mypZBCzBA3k

If anyone wants to try contact the CGE organizers to obtain permission for me to post the files, go for it.

• Like 1

It it not widely known that the Rush Hour binary out in public is not an original prototype. I made some small modifications, cleaning up for the CGE 2003 release.

There are three files that were given to me and I presume they are dumps of original chips. I'd rather see the binaries shared publicly, but it's not really my decision. The people who tracked down Rush Hour asked me not to share the files with anyone.

Still, I feel I can show you a video without breaking the agreement, thereby shedding more light on the history of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mypZBCzBA3k

If anyone wants to try contact the CGE organizers to obtain permission for me to post the files, go for it.

AFAIK everybody already own these ROMs (and more).

Dated 28-09-2002, right?

They have been on the net since december 2008.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Only the last one in the video contains my work. The other three have dates 14-04-2003, which is probably the day I downloaded the files from email. I'll look for the files you mention and compare to the ones I have.

Edited by Zach

OK. I took a look at your V6.0 collection. I have nothing new. The first three versions in the video match your 28-09-2002 files and are AFAIK original prototypes. The 28-08-2003 file is the published version. The 11-07-2003 and 17-07-2003 versions must be ones I worked on and emailed many years ago but did not keep.

I'm glad it's taken care of. 8)

Edited by Zach

Many thanks for checking, Zach.

It feels strange to remove your versions from the V7.0 collection, but I have to do it.

1977-1992 period only.

BTW: do you know which of the three 28-09-2002 .bins was the latest WIP one?

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

It feels strange to remove your versions from the V7.0 collection, but I have to do it.

1977-1992 period only.

Fine with me. :)

8)

Yeah, I don't know which is the latest one chronologically, but [a3] seems to be the most playable, and it's the one I modified IIRC.

Edited by Zach

1977-1992 period only.

Fine with me. :)

8)

Yeah, I don't know which is the latest one chronologically, but [a3] seems to be the most playable, and it's the one I modified IIRC.

Exactly as I thought.

I guess the one with the least scanlines [a2] must be the earliest version.

I updated everything in the V7.0 collection.

Thanks again, Zach.

8)