IGNORED

Death Tank

SoulBlazer

I recently discovered that there's a great modern remake of a game I used to play tons off when I was a kid on XBox Live called Death Tank.

For those of you who recall, it's a updated version of Scorched Earth. :lust:

I couldn't begin to tell you how time my friends and I wasted in college playing this. It was a blast, and I was very pleased to see here for sale.

Sure, $15 is a bit pricey (see the recent dicussion about rising XBox Live prices) but I've bought a number of games at this price point and been happy with them.

But while the AI is good, it doesn't match the fun and excitement, the cursing and yelling, of going up aganist actuall humans.

My gamer list only shows two other people who own the game, though (also AA members) and every time I've checked in to see if a game is going, none are up and no one joins in. :(

Somneone else has to have this great game....I'm dying to play online! :D

This one is more of a revisioning of the Saturn Death Tanks, right (Part I was hidden in Powerslave, part II was available in Duke Nukem 3D)? Haven't tried it yet myself.

The game has been out for a while, not sure if they will ever do a price drop. Most of the stuff I've bought for 1200 I don't regret (Battlefield 1943, Vandal Hearts, Might and Magic, and Beyond Good and Evil all come to mind).

And Austin, I've never played a Saturn, much less touched one...but as with any game you can try it out for free.

The game has been out for a while, not sure if they will ever do a price drop.

They actually did one back in 2009. They dropped it to 800 points.

I remember I had planned to buy it, but it only went on sale a week and I missed my chance. :(

The game has been out for a while, not sure if they will ever do a price drop.

They actually did one back in 2009. They dropped it to 800 points.

I remember I had planned to buy it, but it only went on sale a week and I missed my chance. :(

Well, it's a really fun game, like I said you can try it out for free.

Did you know the two other guys that showed up last night? They've obviously played the game a lot. lol

No, I didn't, and they kicked our ass pretty good, huh? :P

HammR25 was one of the two AA guys I said eariler that had the game. Managed to find him online shortly after I wrote this note and we got a game in.

I did send a friend request to those two guys, though. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

are there any other artillery type games on XBLA or Indie Marketplace that has online multiplayer?

Death Tanks looks cool but it's so expensive, especially since it's an old game.

I really like Tank Strike which is only $1 but that doesn't have online play. Tank Strike really feels like my beloved Scorched Earth. Sure, there are some poor Scorched Earth clones out there but I'd rather play on a bigger screen than what my PC has. And I'm not that big of a Worms fan. Just the cartoony look with the squeaky voices irks me.

are there any other artillery type games on XBLA or Indie Marketplace that has online multiplayer?

Death Tanks looks cool but it's so expensive, especially since it's an old game.

I really like Tank Strike which is only $1 but that doesn't have online play. Tank Strike really feels like my beloved Scorched Earth. Sure, there are some poor Scorched Earth clones out there but I'd rather play on a bigger screen than what my PC has. And I'm not that big of a Worms fan. Just the cartoony look with the squeaky voices irks me.

Trust me, I'm a old die hard fan of Scorched Earth also -- and Death Tank is a perfect updated version of it. :) It's worth the $15.

Trust me, I'm a old die hard fan of Scorched Earth also -- and Death Tank is a perfect updated version of it. :) It's worth the $15.

Okay, I'm seriously considering it now. So I asked my best friend if he'd get it because you need people to play this and he kind of jumped back at the price. I'm not going to buy the game if I don't have anyone to play with.

My question is, the video looks like it's real-time shooting rather than turn-based. Is there a turn-based mode? I'm all for new gameplay modes... as long as they have a traditional mode.

My question is, the video looks like it's real-time shooting rather than turn-based. Is there a turn-based mode? I'm all for new gameplay modes... as long as they have a traditional mode.

I doubt there's a turn-based mode in it. Trust me when I say it though, the real-time aspect makes it a lot more interesting than before. At least on the Saturn, it was a blast, especially when you had six players in a game.

I doubt there's a turn-based mode in it. Trust me when I say it though, the real-time aspect makes it a lot more interesting than before. At least on the Saturn, it was a blast, especially when you had six players in a game.

Correct, it's real time only. And what Austin said. :P