IGNORED

Tower Defense Games

Mendon

Sol Survivor in the 360 Indie marketplace as far as I know is very similar to Savage Moon on the PS3.

I had a decent time with that game on the PS3. It's a bit on the difficult side in my opinion, mainly because even when you place a blocker to reroute the creature, regardless if they have another valid path, they will start attacking your blocker and break through often without you realizing it until it's too late. I will admit I never actually tried it out, so maybe it just looks like Savage Moon but plays completely different. It has a free demo so I'd give that one a go for sure.

Man I accidentally purchased that South Park tower defense game (I had the trial and errantly button pushed the "buy" button while having points on my account) and so I got that now. Now I enjoyed Plants Vs. Zombies but man that SP game is a dog. :lol: I'm so pissed about it. :P

Man I accidentally purchased that South Park tower defense game (I had the trial and errantly button pushed the "buy" button while having points on my account) and so I got that now. Now I enjoyed Plants Vs. Zombies but man that SP game is a dog. :lol: I'm so pissed about it. :P

LOL. I have done that before and cursed for hours. :P

Could be worse, you could have accidentally bought Double D Dodgeball, like I once did when I was drunk. :sad:

Thanks to all for your suggestions!!

I found several TD games in the Indie strategy section, including Defense Matrix, Sketchy Towers (I think that was the name) and a few others. Tried out demo's of 4 and none impressed me too much so I passed them by, even at 80 points.

Tried out Toy Soldiers: Cold War and had quite a bit of fun with the demo. Its tower defense yet it has enough twists on the usual gameplay as to make it a kind of unique game. I might pick up this one up soon.

Funny thing... Cold War was 1200 points so I thought I might try the first Toy Soldiers game, thinking it was probably cheaper now that a newer game was available. Nope.... the first Toy Soldiers is 1200 points also.

Ah well.....

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

I am a Tower Defense addict, and there are lots of good ones for XBL Indie Games.

My favorite for a long time was Tower Revolution. It's simple, but interesting and well designed. It's probably $1 now.

There's one simply called "Towers" that's not half bad, but got old after a few hours.

Zombie Armageddon didn't impress me off the bat but grew on me, really liked it by the time I finished up.

NextWar: The Quest For Earth is really awesome and definitely worth the dollar. I believe this one was a former PC game, it's not quite Defense Grid but it's really great.

Sol Survivor I do like, but it's got issues. Interesting, nice graphics... but not sure if the strategy was all that thoroughly worked out. Or maybe I just suck at it. :)

Long live Tower Defense!

Someone make a homebrew Tower Defense game for 2600 or 7800. Based on Golden Axe. Please. :)

yep thats it.:D

Yes its Very high on my addicted too kist!

Yep, you're the only person on my friends list that has more kills than I do!!! :thumbsup:

They need to release more map packs. :cool:

If not that, there are rumors of a sequel.

I'll take either just give me MORE!!

yep thats it.:D

Yes its Very high on my addicted too kist!

Yep, you're the only person on my friends list that has more kills than I do!!! :thumbsup:

They need to release more map packs. :cool:

If not that, there are rumors of a sequel.

I'll take either just give me MORE!!

Sorry I like to kill things!

I really dont know why they have not released more maps...seems pretty easy...hell I think we need a Jaguar or 7800 version of this game. Jaguar would be perfect. Ill do the art....need a programmer.

I've been playing quite a bit of Defense Grid the past week and I must say that this game has solved the "frustration" factor I sometimes get playing a TD game. The fact that I can "rewind" to a checkpoint SAVE rather than having to completely restart a level when I make a mistake is a fantastic feature!!

I just started the Veil of Ice level and while getting a good start, the beasties became more frequent and difficult and I lost a couple of power cells about Wave 12. It was very nice to rewind to a checkpoint and reposition/change my towers rather than have to start over and play another 10 minutes to get back to the point I had previously been.

I agree with others here.... Defense Grid is a GREAT game!

Mendon