IGNORED

Cheating in Activision Anthology

Atarius Maximus

I was playing Starmaster last night, and discovered that if you start the game on any level, and just walk away and let your ship fly in area with no enemies, you will eventually receive the patch. It seems to be based on a timer, you don't actually have to accomplish anything in the game. This made it really easy to get the "Supreme Starmaster" patch!

BTW, has anyone received the patch in Dragster or Boxing? I've KO'd the computer several times and got nothing, and I've raced in Dragster over 100 times in one sitting, and my best race was 6.21. How do you get the patches in these games???

AM

For Dragster you can cheat to get it by continually blowing up your engine.

For boxing, I got my patch after beating the computer, but not knocking him out. I've read one other similar account (and in each of our cases, we had played beaten the computer first by KO, and in a future second game just beat it).

I personally can't get Atlantis to unlock. I've hit 30k a few times but no go. Anybody?

You get the patch in Boxing if you beat the computer, not if you KO the computer. Don't know why. I got the Private eye patch just by starting up the find the diamonds mission.

I got the Dragster patch just by racing, but don't know why.

I don't know what the unlock is in Cosmic Commuter. I played the game to about 20,000 then got bored and turned it off.

I can't seem to get higher than 8400 on Decathlon. Has anyone gotten Gold or Silver in this one yet?

What's the Pole vault cheat? I'd love to know.

Just keep tapping the jump button after you've released the pole. You will simply soar!! Reach heights you've never dreamed of!! :roll:

I'm not sure about the Anthology, but on the 2600 cart: 5.8 meters gives you the highest score of any height(there is a scoring bug to go along with the cheat). Experiment with it.

I actually got the Kaboom! and Dragster patch (didn't save either -- didn't earn em) by doing something wacky with the instructions. Just to save time, here's a quote from my quick write up at Curmudgeon Gamer (http://curmudgeon.linuxgames.com/article.p...021228121934768)

Twice I've clicked out of reading instructions, quickly selected the cart to put into the virtual 2600, and gotten a different cart showing in the console than what I've selected. Once it rendered everything unplayable, and both times I was unable to click back out to select another game - quitting out and selecting another game on the rack causes the "you've hit a log in Pitfall" sound to play - and had to reboot. The bug also unlocks a patch in the game the bug causes to be placed in your console, but the patch has strange, corrupted pixels. Go figure.

Not sure if that counts as a real cheat, but it's gotten me a couple of patches. Haven't experienced the other "cheats".

Good article! I have to admit that the fun of Private Eye is, for me, exploring the area, finding things, and then trying to remember where they are -- like Superman back in the old days. I don't use the map. Other than that, however, your complaints about the manual misspellings are completely legit, and I'm glad somebody has pointed out that collective oversight.

I'm still waiting for someone to address the sound issues in a review.

CF

What's the Pole vault cheat? I'd love to know.

Just keep tapping the jump button after you've released the pole. You will simply soar!! Reach heights you've never dreamed of!! :roll:

I'm not sure about the Anthology, but on the 2600 cart: 5.8 meters gives you the highest score of any height(there is a scoring bug to go along with the cheat). Experiment with it.

I tried it and it worked very well. Got the elusive Silver and Gold patches. Thanks for the tip :D

For Atlantis I *swear* I've hit 30k on both A and B difficulties, but I'm probably mistaken. I'll have to have another go at it. It's killing me not getting it because with it I've cleared the first two racks finally.

Decathlon and me aren't speaking. I had made it all the way to the last event and then accidentally hit Select while running. I haven't played it since :D

For Atlantis I *swear* I've hit 30k on both A and B difficulties, but I'm probably mistaken. I'll have to have another go at it. It's killing me not getting it because with it I've cleared the first two racks finally.

Decathlon and me aren't speaking. I had made it all the way to the last event and then accidentally hit Select while running. I haven't played it since :D

As much as I like Ken and the Anthology, the controllers for Decathalon needed a SERIOUS re-think.

BTW nice avatar. And is the Nature Boy thing a coincidence or do you actually like Ric Flair? :D

Decathlon and me aren't speaking. I had made it all the way to the last event and then accidentally hit Select while running. I haven't played it since

You are not the only one! I've yet to finish a game of Decathlon. At some point, I always accidently hit L1. :x

AM

As much as I like Ken and the Anthology, the controllers for Decathalon needed a SERIOUS re-think.

BTW nice avatar. And is the Nature Boy thing a coincidence or do you actually like Ric Flair? :D

I tried using a golf ball on the d-pad for the running bits but it doesn't help overly much unfortunately. If anybody has any other ideas I'm all ears (outside buying a fighting stick that is).

Thanks about the Avatar BTW :)

Actually, the Nature Boy thing comes from a net name I used back in my university days (which I stole from a Primus song), but I actually *do* like Ric Flair. Joe at DP tagged me with the "Suspected Hippy" tag a couple of years ago (on ezboard), and with the switch to the new forums it was all too perfect not to adopt my old name again. Thankfully, nobody had taken it here either :D

I tried using a golf ball on the d-pad for the running bits but it doesn't help overly much unfortunately. If anybody has any other ideas I'm all ears (outside buying a fighting stick that is).

What worked for me was holding the joystick sideways against the ground or table with one hand and going back and forth with the analog stick as fast as you can with the other. With this method, I was able to break 700 in the 100 yd dash, 800 in the hurdles and 400 yard dash and nearly 1000 in the 1500. Whoever designed the layout/configuration has a sick sense of humor as without the Pole Vault cheat which I never knew existed until a few days ago, I was only able to manage 8000 and the bronze.

I was wondering if anyone could offer up some advise on the following games: Barnstorming, Grand Prix.

The best score I've achieved in Barnstorming game 1 has been 34:05 and for Grand Prix 36:00. I STILL haven't unlocked anything for Barnstorming and managed to barely unlock on item in Grand Prix. I had thought I was finished with the unlocks until I checked the unlock list.

Some of these unlocks are ridiculous. I was able to get all the unlocks for Skiing, Space Shuttle, Star Master and Private Eye without really doing too much, where others are nearly impossible. I've played on the easiest level in Barnstorming and STILL can't avoid enough of the birds to unlock the commercial or the patch.

For both Barnstorming and Grand Prix it's all about memorization.

For Barnstorming I lowered both difficulties (different bird pattern, don't have to go through the bottom of barn) and then just kept playing and playing until I had memorized the pattern.

For Grand Prix again it's just memory work. And I try to keep moving against the top or bottom because you don't have to stop precisely in order to miss the cars passing around you.