IGNORED

DigiKey or Farnell BOM for Ultrasatan PCB Part Ordering

I've got my Ultrasatan PCB, and the BOM from Jookie's website which I was about to do the research to obtain the Digikey stock numbers for ordering. Is there anyone who has already done this so as to save me some time. Much appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

Mike

No, but looking forward to your post. He zipped up the BOM and I have trouble opening the Zip on my iPad... I kinda wish he hosted the resources on a Wiki so everything old be exposed as links and expanded upon and folks could contribute photos. Thanks for doing this..

Edited by scottinNH

No, but looking forward to your post. He zipped up the BOM and I have trouble opening the Zip on my iPad... I kinda wish he hosted the resources on a Wiki so everything old be exposed as links and expanded upon and folks could contribute photos. Thanks for doing this..

I have messaged Zaxon as to his component list for the Ultrasatan board, so hopefully he can assist with a current BOM. I will share it here if it is made available to me or better yet if Zaxon will just post it here to this thread. :) The original bom from Jookie has values listed and descriptions, but not detailed enough as to correlate to an singular component match. It could be just that I'm too darn lazy to sit down and do the hard work.

Mike

No response to my request for assistance so I will sail alone on this project. If there is anyone else working on an unpopulated Ultrasatan PCB purchased from Zaxon and wants to share notes just PM me. As to my progress, I have just about completed part location and identification on PCB as there are no reference designators at all. Using pictures of completed Ultrasatan and schematics to flesh it out. Once completed then I will be applying DigiKey component numbers to each, and hopefully they will have all the components in stock for ordering. What I would like to have accomplished once the board is populated and fully functional is to have a complete building outline with BOM.

Mike aka "The Dawg"

Edited by Firedawg

No response to my request for assistance so I will sail alone on this project. If there is anyone else working on an unpopulated Ultrasatan PCB purchased from Zaxon and wants to share notes just PM me. As to my progress, I have just about completed part location and identification on PCB as there are no reference designators at all. Using pictures of completed Ultrasatan and schematics to flesh it out. Once completed then I will be applying DigiKey component numbers to each, and hopefully they will have all the components in stock for ordering. What I would like to have accomplished once the board is populated and fully functional is to have a complete building outline with BOM.

Mike aka "The Dawg"

Zaxon answered my DIY question about obtaining a PCB only. Turns out it is a reflow job... I think (not 100% sure) the Blackfin he uses is BGA. But even the fine pitch pin BF is a ton of solder points... Swipe and wipe if you know it. Not me. Anyways... Know that both Jookie and Zaxon seem super busy.

My suggestion? Start with Zaxon's offer to sell partial build UltraSatans.... Has the BF installed with firmware. From there up to you to obtain SMT parts needed. Seems to be a vote of confidence that mere mortals can finish.

Jookie's doc listed what size SMD resistors and caps. I would confirm that Zaxon uses Jook's pcb unaltered though.

Find the thread where Zaxon says he will sell part built boards.. Some people posted they were ordering, so these are people who can give you info. That thread may have been at stark forum, not sure.

This half built board is on my todo list..

Zaxon answered my DIY question about obtaining a PCB only. Turns out it is a reflow job... I think (not 100% sure) the Blackfin he uses is BGA. But even the fine pitch pin BF is a ton of solder points... Swipe and wipe if you know it. Not me. Anyways... Know that both Jookie and Zaxon seem super busy.

My suggestion? Start with Zaxon's offer to sell partial build UltraSatans.... Has the BF installed with firmware. From there up to you to obtain SMT parts needed. Seems to be a vote of confidence that mere mortals can finish.

Jookie's doc listed what size SMD resistors and caps. I would confirm that Zaxon uses Jook's pcb unaltered though.

Find the thread where Zaxon says he will sell part built boards.. Some people posted they were ordering, so these are people who can give you info. That thread may have been at stark forum, not sure.

This half built board is on my todo list..

Thanks for the info scottinNH. Using pics,eagle, and the schematics I have finished component identification and placement. Now, I'm completing my BOM with DigiKey and to include Mouser as some parts are backordered. The PCB I purchased from Zaxon had the BF531 LQFP & AT45DB041D already soldered in for me. I have completed quite a few soldering projects that required a calm hand, a couple of which required a SPARTAN-3 FPGA PQFP was needed. So, I will be hopefully ordering components by weeks end. I do not have any issues with no assistance on this request as I know many do not do their own soldering and just buy completed boards, and I know Zaxxon is busy with his projects and was so kind to sell me a Ultrasatan board. As for information, Jookie's website has all the information you will need to flesh out a bom any how, I was just being a lazy ass in asking for any completed boms.

Mike