IGNORED

Intellivision 57 French Canadian Titles

Rev

TRON Maze-a-tron: TRON Le Labyrinthe

As seen on eBay:

USCF Chess: Echecs de l'USCF

I've updated my site (http://intv.mphokie.com) to break out the "master" list of original release titles (and newer homebrews) from the variations. I've only got 16 of the French variants, so I've got a way to go. I've also not been able to keep myself from starting on the Italian variants. :)

Edited by mphokie

Great list,Rev!

Looking forward to this new site you created.

I have just two corrections on your list.

1. It´s "Marecage A Grenouilles"

2. It´s "Las Vegas La Roulette"

Just to let you know.

Thanks! I made a typo on Frog Bog. And i just plain forgot to put in the French title on Roulette.

intv4567890002.jpg

Edited by revolutionika

As seen on eBay:

I've updated my site (http://intv.mphokie.com) to break out the "master" list of original release titles (and newer homebrews) from the variations. I've only got 16 of the French variants, so I've got a way to go. I've also not been able to keep myself from starting on the Italian variants. :)

On the Tron and Chess. The boxes for those is in English titles with just minor french info. But the Instruction manuals will have the French name. Which i will later post pics of the manuals showing this. Do you have a different version?

Edited by revolutionika

Hey, this is another variant of french Roulette.

It has the official "Las Vegas" logo.

Your variant seems absolutely new to me.

Hey, i will buy yours off ya!!!!!!! :D

The one i have has the slip cover over a NTSC box. I didnt realize there were 2 versions of roulette. More variants to get....:roll:

Now i wonder if there is others.

This should turn out to be a fun thread. :) I think we should create a separate thread for English variations, box, cart, instructions, or otherwise. Norman, I believe what Rev has taken a picture of is one of the weirder variations I've seen, I have it too, along with one for Horse Racing (La Course De Chevaux).

They are the normal US release boxes, but with this sleeve that acts as an overlay for the box with the French titles added as you can see below. The other pics are just to make Rev smile. :D

post-25458-0-73619200-1313349521_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-56742300-1313349545_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-83680100-1313349572_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-76596400-1313349598_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-14133600-1313349625_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-52334300-1313349650_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-38323900-1313349675_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-14950400-1313349700_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-68377900-1313349724_thumb.jpg

As seen on eBay:

It's not just the Italian variants either, it's the German ones and the Japanese Bandai ones. By the way, I believe there are 28 or 29 Bandai games, I have a list somewhere. ( I also have about 13 of them I think. :) )

Also, there are 4 versions of the Orphan Overlays Sets. Set 1, Set 2 with the yellow box, Set 3 with the yellow box and a smaller brown boxed version. I think we should link your list on a new thread to deal with all the English variations we find.

As seen on eBay:

You're right. I was just going by instruction and/or box variations. I have TRON and it is just the English box w/French instructions. I think Chess is similar.

On the Tron and Chess. The boxes for those is in English titles with just minor french info. But the Instruction manuals will have the French name. Which i will later post pics of the manuals showing this. Do you have a different version?

• 1 year later...

Hey Rev could you please post the French Canadian Variations on your new site (or fix the link?).

I'm interested particually in the Mattel releases (I've no hope on Turbo or Super Cobra)

Yeah, i need to work on the games section on my site, including the variation section.

There is work being done behind the scenes for the games section. But it may take a while.

Apart from the boxes, are the games also in French, or are they the same regular cartridge?

Same game, same cartridge, just the boxes and instruction manuals are bilingual, although there are French Canadian Coleco games where the writing on the cart label is bilingual as well.

Same game, same cartridge, just the boxes and instruction manuals are bilingual, although there are French Canadian Coleco games where the writing on the cart label is bilingual as well.

I read somewhere that the IntelliVoice games were made in other languages. Are they actually in circulation? That would be interesting to have! :)

-dZ.

I read somewhere that the IntelliVoice games were made in other languages. Are they actually in circulation? That would be interesting to have! :)

-dZ.

B17 Bomber, Bomb Squad, and Space Spartans all have a bilingual release, where the packaging has both the french and english titles.

The voices however, are in English.

I don't believe Tron Solar Sailer ever got this treatment, at least I've never seen one.