IGNORED

When we look ahead to 2011

Cybergoth

This last few months has been brutal for someone that only owns a Wii this generation. I somewhat understand killing off a system once a new one comes around, but killing the system over a year before the new one is released is foolish. Third party developers outside of shovelware aren't touching the system either. You would have thought Nintendo would have really opened the floodgates of its Selects line of games just to get a bit more money in at this down time for the console. What a sad end to one of the best selling systems of all time.

From reading Nintendo Power even the Virtual Console has seen little releases 2 or 3 in latest issue and Wiiware titles are dwindling

Shame its still a good little system but the 3DS seems to be their baby now and I've read the other threads will you buy one or not etc and no if they are dropping the wii into a slow death why support the next thing they will kill off early

thank god for the homebrew channel to keep my wii useful and wife for buying me a PS3 recently

Was hoping for a new Animal Crossing the one game my wife and I both like but again the 3DS gets it or is

just re read Nintendo Power Aug 2011 ony 3 Wii Ware titles and 1 Virtual console release most of the issue is 3DS seems the Wii is getting left behind and the WiiU well is still a ways off My opinion is Nintendo is leaning more to being a handheld company with the console part being a minor market.

Also seems the homebrew community is supporting the Wii more than the company that made it

• 3 weeks later...

If there's any bright spot to all this, it gives some of us time to acquire and catch up on some games without the ole "holding out until something better comes along". It still sucks that the Wii never lived up to its potential. Since the console was announced I thought for sure we'd see a 1:1 lightsaber game. Especially since the Motion+ came out. Lots of wasted tech there. Maybe there's still hope for Skyward Sword. That's about the only new game I'm looking forward too.