IGNORED

The Harmony may have killed my 2600!

chupathingy

I'm going to say this bit first - to the mods of this site, sorry about the image. I'll refrain from posting that kind of material here.

Anyways, after extensive Harmony use I have reason to believe it did something to my 2600's cartridge port. Whenever I removed it from the port, I kept hearing a kind of crunching sound. I didn't really think anything of it. But now the Atari doesn't even work. It shows the color bars and strange patterns when fired up without a cart but with a cart it shows black screen and with the harmony it shows dark bars on a slant to the right. I've since then picked up a new Atari.

This is in no way blasting the Harmony, it's a delightful product and I'm immensely happy that I bought one, but maybe someone can look into it.

If there's no way to fix the 2600, I'll put a message in the marketplace.

Also there's problems when I use the keypad controller. It keeps paging backwards and no amount of fiddling can stop it. It's not a big error, just something I noticed.

Once again, to the mods - my apologies.