IGNORED

Worst NES game ever?

Cmtz

a boy and his blob ? i dont know if they was just a homebrew game' date=' but its friggin awful. Xmen is absolutly terrible

Skate or Die was friggin awsome! :D [/color']

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but wasn't A Boy and His Blob by the much beloved David Crane? It does have a sort of Pitfallesque look to it. I've finished it but I probably won't play it again.

I hated Goonies II (was there a Goonies 1? I've never seen it). In fact almost all of the LJN games suck real bad.

I loved Goonies II! I thought it was awesome all the different screens in it.

Athena was the absolute WORST thing on the NES. I hesitate to call it a game because I'm not sure one existed under the crappy graphics.

there was a goonies arcade game that had the same look to Goonies II, but it didnt have the 3D adventure elements, just platroming stages.

I liked Major League Baseball from LJN, but it was really close to RBI Baseball from Tengen, to an untrained eye, the two games could easily be confused.

hehe. you haven't seen a horrible game until you play action 52. it's awfulness is beyond words and easily way worse than any game listed here, except probably cheetahmen 2, also by active enterprises.

about ikari warriors. i personally don't like that game but i know other people who love it. anyway, i agree videomation isn't a bad game as far as drawing games go, but i don't like it, mostly because i'm not an artist at all.

i got some more additions:

-how could you forget AD&D: heroes of the lance. =)

-wally bear and the NO! gang is pretty bad.

-i should have written that all color dreams/bunch games and wisdom tree

are bad with the only exception (i think) being spiritual warfare, which was

a descent zelda clone as long as you turn off the music.

-ring king, but only for the scene that happens between the rounds, if you've ever played this game before...

there was a goonies arcade game that had the same look to Goonies II, but it didnt have the 3D adventure elements, just platroming stages.

I liked Major League Baseball from LJN, but it was really close to RBI Baseball from Tengen, to an untrained eye, the two games could easily be confused.

There were many like that, like Top Gun in the arcade, mostly seen on the .vs cabinets

Soon after I bought my NES back in the 80's, I picked up Super Pitfall (or something close to that title). I thought, "hey, it's based on Pitfall. It HAS to be good." Oh how wrong I was. :sad: I truly hated that game. Surprisingly the store I bought it from let me take it back.

After that I tried to adopt a 'rent before purchase' philosophy, unless I knew I was going to LOVE the game.

Soon after I bought my NES back in the 80's, I picked up Super Pitfall (or something close to that title). I thought, "hey, it's based on Pitfall. It HAS to be good." Oh how wrong I was. :sad: I truly hated that game. Surprisingly the store I bought it from let me take it back.

After that I tried to adopt a 'rent before purchase' philosophy, unless I knew I was going to LOVE the game.

That one's on SeanBaby.com's worst top ten ever, so I need to get it on principal. After all I bought a boxed Deadly Towers at the CGExpo for $5, and that's #1 on his list. :D

Anticipation. I believe the label included an exclamation point at the end of the title but frankly I feel it to be undeserving of such allusions to excitement.

I thought Aniticipation was a pretty good game. It was one of the few games that my parents actually approved of. I remember asking for that game one Christmas and I also asked for Final Fantasy, which is still an awesome RPG. 8)

One game that I remember my brother and I rented which really sucked was Kid Niki. We put it in, and played it a couple of times, and we couldn't believe how sucky it was. Game rental was great because you could check out the game before you bought it. Another game that we rented that wasn't too bad, but annoyed me to death was Spelunker. The controls in that game were so bad and too sensitive and made it too easy to die. :x

• 2 weeks later...

The two worst NES games I haved played:

1.Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road

The introductory screens came up way too slow for NES standards, moving from the game to the item screen and back to the game was just as slow, and if you don't move your man after a couple of minutes, these weird spotted blobs start raining down and end the game.

2.Wayne's World

You could avoid about most of enemies until you get to the tv studio stage. There, the stupid tv screens start flying at you and you can't hit them without losing about 3/4 of your energy! And the ending is just a picture of Wayne! Paid $10 for it, about $9.95 too much after playing it.