IGNORED

Current disk device number?

BTW. calling jcar_sw before and jcar_old after jsr $07eb seems not necessary. You can save 8 bytes of code :)

The code comes straight from The Last Word, hence "TURN ON THE CARTRIDGE (ASSUMING THE APPLICATION WAS STARTED WITH THE "X" COMMAND)". ;)

Yes, I noticed the remark. I'll still repeat what I wrote above: "calling jcar_sw before and jcar_old after jsr $07eb seems not necessary. You can save 8 bytes of code".

I think it was you who originally told me to do this a couple of years ago. I could have learned of JCAR_SW and JCAR_OLD by no other means. However, if it's unnecessary, I'll remove it. :)

EDIT: Looking back through the PMs, I think you explained JCAR_SW and JCAR_OLD in relation to GETENV. So yes, I guess the calls are quite superfluous in the case of JSR $07EB. ;)

Edited by flashjazzcat

I think it was you who originally told me to do this a couple of years ago. I could have learned of JCAR_SW and JCAR_OLD by no other means. However, if it's unnecessary, I'll remove it. :)

That's possible, although these calls might have been also mentioned when we were discussing a method of accessing environment variables from a program started with X.COM. I am not sure. You can always trace $07eb with a disassembler to make sure if it calls the jcar_xxx vectors inside itself or not :)

...these calls might have been also mentioned when we were discussing a method of accessing environment variables from a program started with X.COM. I am not sure.

Your memory serves you better than mine does myself. We were indeed discussing methods of accessing environment variables, as well as ways of disabling the SDX key buffer. :)

...these calls might have been also mentioned when we were discussing a method of accessing environment variables from a program started with X.COM. I am not sure.

Your memory serves you better than mine does myself. We were indeed discussing methods of accessing environment variables, as well as ways of disabling the SDX key buffer. :)

Kick ass - what are you going to use these new 8 bytes for in Last Word? Haha.