IGNORED

Struck it rich at the thrift store

Gunstar

I just popped into a thrift store today on my way to class, as usual, to see if they had anything interesting (besides the standard, common, 2600 carts), it was my lucky day! They had about a dozen 5200 carts, maybe a few more, some even with the keypad overlay! They were 2 bucks apiece. A few I already had, and I hope to pick up the rest this week. I got 7 as that's all I could afford with the $15 I had on me...Countermeasure, Kangaroo, Pitfall, Pengo, Pole Position, frogger and one other(!???) were the ones I got. I'll probably pick up the rest (including doubles for trading). I also saw 2 7800 carts there, Ms. Pacman and One 0n One (have them) and a bunch of Intellevision and Odessy2 carts among the usual 2600/NES stuff. No systems though...What do people do? send their systems to one goodwill and the games to another?!!!?

There was a streak for about 2 months and three thrift stores that I went to and found a total of 40 games and 7 5200s/15 controllers (14 worked after cleaning). One find was 2 5200s with 20 games in a big brown box with 4 controllers for 20 bucks! Another one had the 5200 cover on it in the thrift store with both controllers. Was in mint condition. Actually all of them accept one was in VG condition. Since I have 7 5200s, I may get rid of 3 or 4 of them shortly, since they are huge to keep around. I have one hooked up and one on display. I want to keep at least 1 of each kind. Found 2 ports and 4 ports with power supply and the special connector that is needed for the 4 ports. I think I have like 4 of those. I couldn't just walk away from finding all these systems even though I have 7 now.

quote:

Originally posted by MoJoFLTR:

jah fish: thanks! I was going to look on ebay, but you really can't beat 12 bucks.

I am looking forward to playing the Sesame Street games with my neice.

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: MoJoFLTR ]

You would be surprised how much fun some of these games are. Particularly Big Bird's Egg Catch and the Cookie Monster thing. My wife found it funny that I was yelling at the game for stealing my cookies.

Eric