IGNORED

Open Letter to all Coleco Progammers and progammers in general

65Gamerguy

I have owned a ColecoVision since I was 17. I bought one about a month after it was released. I fell in love with it and still do love it.

I was dissapointed when Coleco stopped making games, because I felt there was so much more that the ColecoVision was capable of. And many of you of shown us that with these new awesome games.

I have seen and purchased games from some of you that were made many years after the ColecoVision's demise and I want to say how much I respect the awesome work that you all do making new games for the ColecoVision almost 30 years after it was released. I realize that there isn't a big market for games for it today and that you all don't make much money off of it, but as a fan it means a lot to me that all of you are willing to do what you do.

Every one of you that has programmed a game for the ColecoVision, has done it because you, are either crazy, (LOL) or because you wanted to see more games for it. That is something I have always wished for since I was a 17 year old. And you have all made it possible with your outstanding work.

So to everyone that takes the tremendous amount of time it takes to make all of these great games I just want to say thank you so very much.

I know this applies to about every system available, and I applaud anyone that does this for every classic game system because we die hard fans love it.

Take Care,

65Gamerguy

• Like 10

Also a shout out to you, 65Gamerguy, and your EXCELLENT Colecovision YouTube Channel.

I have owned a ColecoVision since I was 17. I bought one about a month after it was released. I fell in love with it and still do love it.

I was dissapointed when Coleco stopped making games, because I felt there was so much more that the ColecoVision was capable of. And many of you of shown us that with these new awesome games.

I have seen and purchased games from some of you that were made many years after the ColecoVision's demise and I want to say how much I respect the awesome work that you all do making new games for the ColecoVision almost 30 years after it was released. I realize that there isn't a big market for games for it today and that you all don't make much money off of it, but as a fan it means a lot to me that all of you are willing to do what you do.

Every one of you that has programmed a game for the ColecoVision, has done it because you, are either crazy, (LOL) or because you wanted to see more games for it. That is something I have always wished for since I was a 17 year old. And you have all made it possible with your outstanding work.

So to everyone that takes the tremendous amount of time it takes to make all of these great games I just want to say thank you so very much.

I know this applies to about every system available, and I applaud anyone that does this for every classic game system because we die hard fans love it.

Take Care,

65Gamerguy

• Like 1

Hey PixelBoy and Retroillucid,

It is an open letter to PROGRAMMERS... not publisher! :D

You know the programmer is the man who does the job , the publisher is the man who take the money! ... lol!!! :)

65Gamerguy , as programmer, i thank you for your kind words. It is really motiving to see people appreciate our work.

And about publisher, i'm joking of course, they also deserve congratulation. ;)

I presume I'm one of the programmers he's talking about.

Good words from fans of our games is ALWAYS appreciated. Not only it puts a smile on our faces but it also contribute to get things done because it's fun to program these new games when we are in a good mood, when we are supported in our projects. A lack of support and negative comments is very destructive, it can destroy all the motivation of an homebrewer and slowdown considerably, even stop, all his projects in progress.

Let me tell you a secret, 65gamerguy... I've watched all your ColecoVision videos, I saw that you like playing ColecoVision games, it's not fake at all. So, by reading the open letter to CV programmers you take time to write here, even if I don't know at the moment if you ever enjoyed one of my CV games yet, let me reply a big : THANK YOU!

Thanks for these good words. I hope you'll keep playing and enjoy CV games, old and new ones. Promise me to never be afraid to write us again and check out from time to time what is going on and give your feedback.

I'm always curious to know more about Coleco homebrew fans so if you've played some homebrew CV games already I want to know which ones.

Take care and continue posting Coleco videos!

Edited by newcoleco
  • Like 4

I presume I'm one of the programmers he's talking about.

Good words from fans of our games is ALWAYS appreciated. Not only it puts a smile on our faces but it also contribute to get things done because it's fun to program these new games when we are in a good mood, when we are supported in our projects. A lack of support and negative comments is very destructive, it can destroy all the motivation of an homebrewer and slowdown considerably, even stop, all his projects in progress.

Let me tell you a secret, 65gamerguy... I've watched all your ColecoVision videos, I saw that you like playing ColecoVision games, it's not fake at all. So, by reading the open letter to CV programmers you take time to write here, even if I don't know at the moment if you ever enjoyed one of my CV games yet, let me reply a big : THANK YOU!

Thanks for these good words. I hope you'll keep playing and enjoy CV games, old and new ones. Promise me to never be afraid to write us again and check out from time to time what is going on and give your feedback.

I'm always curious to know more about Coleco homebrew fans so if you've played some homebrew CV games already I want to know which ones.

Take care and continue posting Coleco videos!

Yes you were one of the great people that I was referring too. And I have enjoyed some of your games and plan to make videos in the future with your permission. I have been busy working overtime so my you tube video output has been a lot slower but I haven't given up.

Thanks again to all of you!

I totally agree with Daniel! the kind words and encouragement from coleco fans and fellow home brewers goes a long way! It helped push me into finishing Side Trak after years of it sitting on my hard drive incomplete. I too watched most if not all your videos 65GameGuy and it's always fun to see all the various games you review (some i didnt even knew existed on the coleco!). Thanks for the support to the hard working programmers in the coleco community.

Russ

I totally agree with Daniel! the kind words and encouragement from coleco fans and fellow home brewers goes a long way! It helped push me into finishing Side Trak after years of it sitting on my hard drive incomplete. I too watched most if not all your videos 65GameGuy and it's always fun to see all the various games you review (some i didnt even knew existed on the coleco!). Thanks for the support to the hard working programmers in the coleco community.

Russ

Thanks and I am still waiting to get a copy of Side Trak, I keep checking but it is not available yet. Once it is I will certainly buy one.

Thanks for all the great work you do.

Thanks and I am still waiting to get a copy of Side Trak, I keep checking but it is not available yet. Once it is I will certainly buy one.

Thanks for all the great work you do.

Side Trak will get release in October/November along with those ones:

- Burn Rubber

- A.E

- Way of the Exploding Foot

- Zombie Near

- Armageddon

- Chess Challenger