IGNORED

ABBUC Software Contest

Bunsen

If everything goes fine, we (that is me, MaPa and miker) are going to submit our entry on the last day just before the deadline :)

Well,

if you do - I know who the winner is / will be... ;-)

-Andreas Koch.

Btw. you can check my blog for some teaser screens and comments regarding the game - these are in Czech though :-)

It seems that we are going to make it before the deadline as the game is 99.9% complete. There won't be time for thorough testing but hopefuly there are no serious bugs.

This should be a reminder for all those who want to throw in their program for this year abbuc contest.

It seems that we haven't so much high quality entries than last year. So chances to win are probably higher...

game thrown :cool: Edited by matosimi

• 2 weeks later...

Since we have an interest that as many members test the software before they vote and therefore the competition is as fair as possible, we have released today the contest software via mail delivery.

All who want to obtain the software at software@abbuc.de, undertake not to pass on the software prior to the AGM. They also undertake to submit a ballot (on the AGM, by post or email). To retrieve the software send an email to above email address with nickname, real name and membership number ABBUC.

Since we have an interest that as many members test the software before they vote and therefore the competition is as fair as possible, we have released today the contest software via mail delivery.

All who want to obtain the software at software@abbuc.de, undertake not to pass on the software prior to the AGM. They also undertake to submit a ballot (on the AGM, by post or email). To retrieve the software send an email to above email address with nickname, real name and membership number ABBUC.

Thank you Bunsen. I have received my software via email and will vote when I've tested all the software.

Are we allowed to comment on any of the software before the AGM? Or should we keep our opinions to ourselves until after that date?

Thank you Bunsen. I have received my software via email and will vote when I've tested all the software.

Are we allowed to comment on any of the software before the AGM? Or should we keep our opinions to ourselves until after that date?

You couldn't resist the temptation...

I will try to resist!

Gunnar will reply to your very correct question but I think it would be better to keep our opinions to ourselves.

I think it is better to not post them beforehand. Might manipulate votes of others.

However, you can send the authors POSITIVE feedback via PM :)

I think it is better to not post them beforehand. Might manipulate votes of others.

However, you can send the authors POSITIVE feedback via PM :)

Excellent suggestion! I think a prohibiton will not work. But one should even realize that it is better before the vote not to discuss it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi snicklin,

deadline is the day of the AGM on 29th of october. I travel one day before to Herten, so I suggest to send the votes until 28th of october to softwareatabbucdotde.

No need for sending me the vote sheet. Just send me a simple email with the points each program will get from you (1 - 10 points).

ABBUC's 2 magazines + 2 floppy disks + 2 ballot papers (hardware and software contest) received.

Thank you!

This is the cover of the magazine

abbuc-magazin-106.jpg

And this is the cover of the special magazine. We took Synthpopalooza's manual and printed it for all 400 members and des-or-mad drawed a fantastic cover picture for it.

abbuc-sondermagazin-45.jpg

• Like 3

Mine's just arrived too! Serious amount of Atari this coming month :-)

p.s. still need a couple more players for the Team event in the High Score Club, c'mon don't be shy (see link below) you don't have to play all the games just those you like... all ablities welcome.

Wow, well, there is some heavyweight hitters out there to contend with. It would be a longshot just to enter the contest. Then again, everybody likes an underdog. I'd like to see something really creative that kicks everybody's ass.

Look out, everybody, I'm writing a computer paper.. I think it's been about 10 years since the last one I wrote.. All right.. I'll quit while I'm ahead.. Oh, one last thing, there was a bunch of Atari graffiti around here, but they demolished the buildings that were tagged with it. I was gonna take pictures.. too late..

l8r..