IGNORED

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Cheap Ass Gamer reports Toys R Us will have Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360/PS3) for $34.99 next week!!

I suspect Amazon will price match (they usually do)

I'll be snagging a copy for sure.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303123&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=micro-blog&utm_campaign=blog

Cheap Ass Gamer reports Toys R Us will have Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360/PS3) for $34.99 next week!!

That's an *awesome* deal. I don't say it too terribly often, but this game is well worth the full price of admission--@$35 it's a total steal.

---------------------------------------------------

I was watching the bonus material, and it turns out that this is the first game out of Eidos Montreal. Knocking it out of the park on their first at-bat is the way to launch a studio. Looking more into the video, I think we can also thank their relaxed pace, and longer than normal dev cycle. (project started in 2007) I hope we continue to see this level of performance from these guys.

Speaking of the PS3 'augmented edition' bonus goodies though, I wasn't terribly thrilled that the soundtrack is accessed by 'inserting the disc into your *PC's* bluray drive and copying the files off.' Am I really that far behind the tech curve that computers all have BD-rom drives now?

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Got the Xbox 360 Augmented Edition last week and had just been waiting until I finished The Saboteur before popping it in. Thanks to a vacation day yesterday (no house work, kids at school....just me and the console!) I capped that one off in the morning and then started Deus Ex.

I am really liking this game so far. I've only just completed the Sarif MFG Plant mission....basically mission 1. I haven't fiddled around yet at all with spending XP or seeing what augs I can get. I hear that there is a lot of choice involved....I love that stuff. I usually spend way too much time over-analyzing my choices though!

I wanted to get through the 1st mission with zero kills. It was definitely a challenge doing so, but felt good. I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep that up though. First of all, I have the Tactical Enhancement pack (or some such name) that came with a sweet shotgun and sniper rifle....it would be a shame to not use those! 2nd, not that I want to race through the game, but I'm sure I would have been able to finish that 1st mission in half the time if I had busted some caps.