IGNORED

Elevator Action Deluxe

cimerians

I'm going to allow myself to get enthused by this one. While not stunning, it remains faithful to style of the original, which is something I would not have expected. Maybe I thought they would try to be gritty, but am happily mistaken.

The inclusion of multi-player is what will, I hope, make this a true winner.

Thanks for the link! Something to look forward to when I return from a business trip on Thursday.

http://kotaku.com/elevator-action/

I hope it does include the original game and it looks like it will. :)

I used to play this on the NES and in the arcade in the mid 80's. Loved it even though past the 3rd level was incredibly hard.

Never played this game at all until it came up on the AtariAge Arcade/MAME high score club a few months ago. I love the gameplay/concept of it, but ultimately I wasn't crazy about the overall experience because I found the controls a bit clunky and frustrating. After about 15-20 tries, it wasn't getting any better, so I decided it just wasn't for me. This new version looks really cool though, I'll probably be grabbing it.

Anyone pick this up from PSN?

I bought it because I enjoyed the original (which is included in this package) and the game looked fun from the ad's.

After about an hour of gameplay, I've concluded that this new version is..... well, its alright. I'm not overly impressed with it and the gameplay simply feels uninspired. It looks pretty good, controls pretty good but its just nothing outstanding.

Maybe the problem is me and I've moved on in my gaming preferences. Maybe I should give EAD a longer trial before passing judgement. But right now, I'm totally convinced that Elevator Action Returns on the Saturn was a much, much, much better game.

As for the included original.... I tried it and quit playing quickly. It looks just like the original and the music/sound is there, but I found the controls HORRIBLE. Meeting my death continually while trying to move onto an escalator spoiled all the fun.

While the game is only $10 and some may find it a good time, I wished there had been a demo because I would have saved some money.

Mendon

EDIT: I'm sorry and didn't notice that Cimerians had already created a thread about this game. Mod's... please move this post to that thread if you are so inclined.

Edited by Mendon

No problem. I downloaded it too and its rather bland. I like it but they could have put more effort into it. The arcade copy for me is good I didnt have any issues with getting on elevators or anything. It is a little strange with collision detection though. I wonder what kind of emulation they are using if at all.

Only problems I've encountered are jumping across open shafts.. it doesn't always accept the jump button press, so I go tumbling across the shaft to the next floor down.

In any case, it's pretty fun.. gonna have to go back and try for gold on the early levels.

I have the original on Taito Legends for PS2 and PSP .. plus Elevator Action Returns on Taito Legends 2. Looks like there's also two older Game Boy versions that weren't released here (Elevator Action EX for GBC and Elevator Action Old & New for GBA) in their original forms.. Dexter's Laboratory: Robot Rampage is theoretically Elevator Action EX with Dexter's Lab characters.