IGNORED

Ken Love Interview @ Curmudgeon Gamer

Albert

http://curmudgeon.linuxgames.com/article.p...030102220443201Curmudgeon Gamer has posted an interview with Activision's Ken Love regarding the recently released Activision Anthology for the PS2. Ken was closely involved with the PS2 Anthology project, and without him this game never would have seen the light of day. If you'd like some behind-the-scenes information on what it took to get the Anthology to market, you'll enjoy this interview. Here's a taste:

jvm: How accurate is the emulator? For example, can it draw the star field in Cosmic Ark correctly? Will it handle the illegal opcodes that some modern homebrews have been using to save ROM space?

KL: While I don't claim it to be 100% accurate, I'd be willing to say that IT WILL support any 2600 ROM out there. Albeit, with a fine bit of tuning. But, yeah, it's a very good emulator. We had some of the tough ROMS running on it during it's early days of develeopment: Cosmic Ark, Haunted House and a few others.

You can find the complete interview here.

What a great interview. He's obviously a very dedicated man.

Oh..and another project that our esteemed webmasters got involved in:D

I swear, I wouldn't be surprised if I cracked open a 2600 to find "designed by Alex and Albert" on the processor:D

He's clearly on our side. This was a very cool package to release in the current games market. Nice interview, too! I would love to see an expanded edition of AA, but it's quite nice as it is. 8)

I would love to see an expanded edition of AA too, but the Al's have enough work on their hands as it is. ;)

The downloading roms would have been great. Hopefully we'll see a gamecube version? :)

And as for a sequel I am very happy to hear that High-Score saving and unlocking other systems will be featured.

Colecovision and 5200 are long overdue....

(Never liked many of the emulators for the Coleco and the Anthology emulator is unbeleivably good, can't wait to see Cosmic Avenger and Lady Bug!) :D