IGNORED

Berzerk 2600 Source Coe Poster

Brian O

Since the Halo 2600 poster turned out so well (link here), I decided to create one more. This time, I used the disassembled source code that I found here to create a Berzerk Source Code Poster. I used the robot sprite, since it had more bulk to it, which works best for the type/font.

I've attached a JPEG of the full poster (low-res), as well as a close up showing the code on the poster since the font is ~ 7 point. I've also attached a full-size PDF of the poster.

Any thoughts are welcome :)

-B

post-27802-0-26410400-1315190926_thumb.jpg

post-27802-0-79653400-1315190933_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Since the Halo 2600 poster turned out so well (link here), I decided to create one more. This time, I used the disassembled source code that I found here to create a Berzerk Source Code Poster. I used the robot sprite, since it had more bulk to it, which works best for the type/font.

I've attached a JPEG of the full poster (low-res), as well as a close up showing the code on the poster since the font is ~ 7 point. I've also attached a full-size PDF of the poster.

-B

NICE. I want this a full size poster. How do you do this? Thank you for sharing this as well!

-B

NICE. I want this a full size poster. How do you do this? Thank you for sharing this as well!

Thanks! I basically recreate the sprite as a vector image in Illustrator, and then import that into InDesign and convert the sprite shape into a text box. From there it's basically cutting, pasting, and formatting. I'm going to print out the Halo 2600 one tomorrow at Kinkos, just to test the quality.

-B

-B

Thanks! I basically recreate the sprite as a vector image in Illustrator, and then import that into InDesign and convert the sprite shape into a text box. From there it's basically cutting, pasting, and formatting. I'm going to print out the Halo 2600 one tomorrow at Kinkos, just to test the quality.

-B

Can you make another one with the guy running or shooting? I think that would look awesome! Yellow on black . . . OH yeah.

-B

-B

Can you make another one with the guy running or shooting? I think that would look awesome! Yellow on black . . . OH yeah.

Not sure if the guy would work, since the sprite doesn't have a lot of real estate. The thicker sprites work best. I'm thinking Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, and maybe Combat next? We'll see...

-B

-B

-B

Not sure if the guy would work, since the sprite doesn't have a lot of real estate. The thicker sprites work best. I'm thinking Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, and maybe Combat next? We'll see...

-B

:( ok . . . Can I make one more request though? Can I get the above poster in yellow text on black? Reason I ask is the first robots you set out to kill are yellow . . . if not thats fine. Its your stuff and its wonderful, I was just wondering ;)

Hehe you could do Evil Otto as wel ;)

Can I get the above poster in yellow text on black? Reason I ask is the first robots you set out to kill are yellow . . . if not thats fine.

Absolutely. Getting ready to go to sleep, but will send to you first thing tomorrow.

Thanks,

-B

• Like 1

Can I get the above poster in yellow text on black? Reason I ask is the first robots you set out to kill are yellow . . . if not thats fine.

Absolutely. Getting ready to go to sleep, but will send to you first thing tomorrow.

Thanks,

-B

Brian O thank you so much! I'm going to get this printed out and put it in my Arcade I'm in the slow process of making. Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

Started an account w/ ImageKind, and uploaded a high-res TIFF of the Berzerk poster. I'm going to purchase one to see the quality. Currently the gallery is set to private.

Gallery Link

Once I'm sure the quality is good, I'll upload the Halo 2600 one and make it public. From that point, I'll try to add a few more.

Thanks!

-B