IGNORED

Commando with no music

George35

So, I've had Commando since around 1993, but it wasn't until recently after reading through the forums, that I realized it is supposed to have background music provided by a POKEY chip in the cartridge. My cart has never had music. Were there carts released without the POKEY? I have Ballblazer, and the sound and music in that is just fine. May just have a defective cartridge. Anyone else every encounter this problem?

I'm pretty sure the pokey handles more than just sound on commando so something sounds really wrong with that cart.

The game plays fine, I didn't know anything was missing until recently. Guess I'll open it up and check if anything is loose. Are pokey chips universal? What I mean, is the same chip in the carts identical to whats in the 5200 and computers?

I'm pretty sure the pokey handles more than just sound on commando so something sounds really wrong with that cart.

The game plays fine, I didn't know anything was missing until recently. Guess I'll open it up and check if anything is loose. Are pokey chips universal? What I mean, is the same chip in the carts identical to whats in the 5200 and computers?

Yes, it is the same chip. And no, it only handles the background music in 7800 Commando, nothing else.

Mitch