IGNORED

New Games release schedule Sept. to Dec. 2011

ozma wars

The only thing is that there's an in-game clue, given in Japanese, that you need in order to access the final stage and finish the game. Without doing what that clue tells you to do, the game will just loop forever. I assume Pixelboy and Eduardo translated the clue, or at least put a hint in the manual -- the main purpose of my hack was to translate that text.

Yeah, it's been translated. :)

The completion conditions for the game are already obscure enough, even if you do have the clue translated. I've never seen the Japanese-language manual and wouldn't be able to read it if I did, but there's at least one other weird thing you have to do in order to beat the game. It's completely non-obvious, which makes me wonder whether it's referenced in the original SG-1000 manual. Pixelboy, do you spell this stuff out in your planned manual?

Nope, but I do know the non-obvious thing you're talking about, namely how to get the third magenta scroll. Perhaps I should give a clue about it in the "Tips and Hints" section of my NP manual... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So...

Pixelboy and Opcode

shall I put apart some money for you too or not for last quarter ?

If not I will spend last strategic funds for some Vectrex homebrews (Vectrexians ... )

wait for yr. indications

All I can tell you at this point is that all the cart labels have been printed, and the boxes will be printed during the course of this month, and will hopefully arrive from Germany in early November. I completed the ground work on four of the six manuals, only two remain and those should be done by the end of October as well. So things are progressing well on those fronts.

My real problem at the moment are with the cartridges:

1) 5-11under encountered some technical problems and got a little behind with the programming/soldering of the cart electronics, but with this technical problem now solved, I expect he will be able to deliver at least half of the ordered PCBs before the end of the month.

2) I can't send the Ninja Princess ROM to 5-11under until Eduardo fixes a small bug in the software (in addition to removing infinite lives from the beta), and Eduardo has gone completely MIA since late August. All I can do is pray that he comes back sooner rather than later and finishes the job.

3) I can't get Albert to reply to my PMs about the Activision-style cartridge casings. They are currently stored in his garage, and I just need him to put 400 of them in a few shipping boxes and ship them my way. From the looks of things, Albert is still knee-deep in the AA forum upgrade, so I don't know when the casing thing will be resolved. I have to say this is starting to get frustrating, because I need several weeks to assemble carts and glue boxes together, and I'd really like to meet my Christmas 2011 deadline.

• Like 1

thanks for reply.

you mean you will release NINJA PRINCESS only, this last quarter, right ?

No, I plan to release six games on Christmas Day 2011, exactly like last year. The games will be Circus Charlie, Star Force, Ninja Princess, Golgo 13, Konami's Ping-Pong and Bank Panic. If the Ninja Princess carts are not ready in time, I will delay the release of all six games until ALL carts are ready. Hopefully, that scenario will not become reality.

Edited by Pixelboy

No, I plan to release six games on Christmas Day 2011, exactly like last year. The games will be Circus Charlie, Star Force, Ninja Princess, Golgo 13, Konami's Ping-Pong and Bank Panic. If the Ninja Princess carts are not ready in time, I will delay the release of all six games until ALL carts are ready. Hopefully, that scenario will not become reality.

All the more reason to hold the family Cristmas Party at my house... so as not to miss the announcement of their availability and to stake my claim to another 6-pack of CV joy! Good luck with everything and if things unfortunately don't pan out as you hope, we'll still all be here waiting anxiously for their release. :lust:

• Like 1

All the more reason to hold the family Cristmas Party at my house... so as not to miss the announcement of their availability and to stake my claim to another 6-pack of CV joy! Good luck with everything and if things unfortunately don't pan out as you hope, we'll still all be here waiting anxiously for their release. :lust:

Well, I do have one nice piece of good news: The boxes are now all printed, and my contact in Germany is going to go pick them up at the printer before the end of the week, and then ship them to me via UPS. So the boxes should be in my possession before the end of the month. I expect the styrofoam inserts I ordered will also arrive within a couple of weeks. The manual templates are being worked on, so everything is on schedule (except for the Ninja Princess ROM and the cartridge casings).

Edited by Pixelboy

Dale Wick will make a last batch of GhostBlaster cartridges during October 2011, very small quantity due to lack of ressources. I was not able to make this batch myself because I'm totally running out of ressources and I'm really busy outside the realm of Coleco.

So for those who are still looking for a cartridge of this incredible game that somehow looks like it should be a NES game, go to adamcon.org web site and ask politely to the webmaster how to get a cartridge.

• Like 2

@Newcoleco just did ;-) do you know if they are gonna be in the clear cases or just regular one's?

They will have clear cases, like the previously-released carts. I know because I was there when Daniel and Dale met in Montreal, and I saw Daniel give his remaining stocks of clear cases to Dale. :)