IGNORED

Do NOT put this in your watchbox!

stjames88

props to the person who posted eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2807553131681?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280755313168&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] extra points for the + $15 for shipping.

I've already had communication with this clown:

Dear chipless1953,

Do you have a picture of the serial number on the NES? Also who did you have this certified by and what is the cert # ?

Yes i have the pic with the serial number and read what i wrote in the listing i did not buy it! it was give to me in 1985. So would love to send u pic of the number but i dont have your email?

- chipless1953

Dear chipless1953,

I read your auction very carefully. If you have a picture with the serial number on it, why don't you use it in the auction listing?

Send the picture to: xcx1110@hotmail.com

Ok i did include the last pic and for some reason it not there so if you read a little further down i wrote i could not add anymore pics per ebay so i can email you pic if you like ? sorry for the confusing

- chipless1953

Dear chipless1953,

Please send a picture showing the serial number of the NES you're selling to: xcx1110@hotmail.com

Dear chipless1953,

There was several million of this model made and there is no difference between the one you're selling and the many, many others that are currently being sold on eBay for considerably less money.

I invite you to read this regarding your "NES-001" unit: http://kotaku.com/58...-it-worth-13000

post-29187-0-98121300-1318903086_thumb.jpg

post-29187-0-20486200-1318903099_thumb.jpg

...and there's more:

Ok first off that was a slap in the face because this NOT STORAGE WARS !!!THIS IS EBAY THE REAL WORLD AND I HAVE IT INSPECTED AND LOOKED AT SO WE HAVE THE FRIST ONE.....AND THE ORIGNAL OWNER THAT HAD IT AND HAS GIVEN IT TO ME BACK IN THE DAY HAS VERIFYED THE STORY BACK ME UP AND I HAVE A CERITYED LETTER STATING THE FACTS. SO IF YOU WOULD PLEASE STOP MESSAGE ME AND MOVE ON SO I CAN GET ON WITH THIS AUCTIONS AND EBAY KNOW EVERY MESSAGES THAT I HAVE SENT OR RECEVIED JUST IN CASE PEOPLE LIKE YOU TRY AND SAY ITS FAKE OR WHATEVER THE CAUSE IS.

- chipless1953

Dear chipless1953,

I think you're trying to dupe someone that is gullible from their money. Maybe you should attach an image of the "cerityed" letter to your auction?

I swear, people like you have really, really dragged the quality and integrity of eBay down in the last few years. And get that caps lock key looked at - typing in all caps makes it look like you're screaming and unhinged.

I'm actually in CA this week and will be in the Joshua Tree area in a couple days, which isn't far at all from where this tool is located. I should have asked him if I could inspect the NES personally before purchase.

...and there's more:

Ok first off that was a slap in the face because this NOT STORAGE WARS !!!THIS IS EBAY THE REAL WORLD AND I HAVE IT INSPECTED AND LOOKED AT SO WE HAVE THE FRIST ONE.....AND THE ORIGNAL OWNER THAT HAD IT AND HAS GIVEN IT TO ME BACK IN THE DAY HAS VERIFYED THE STORY BACK ME UP AND I HAVE A CERITYED LETTER STATING THE FACTS. SO IF YOU WOULD PLEASE STOP MESSAGE ME AND MOVE ON SO I CAN GET ON WITH THIS AUCTIONS AND EBAY KNOW EVERY MESSAGES THAT I HAVE SENT OR RECEVIED JUST IN CASE PEOPLE LIKE YOU TRY AND SAY ITS FAKE OR WHATEVER THE CAUSE IS.

- chipless1953

Dear chipless1953,

I think you're trying to dupe someone that is gullible from their money. Maybe you should attach an image of the "cerityed" letter to your auction?

I swear, people like you have really, really dragged the quality and integrity of eBay down in the last few years. And get that caps lock key looked at - typing in all caps makes it look like you're screaming and unhinged.

I'm actually in CA this week and will be in the Joshua Tree area in a couple days, which isn't far at all from where this tool is located. I should have asked him if I could inspect the NES personally before purchase.

Please dont insult storage wars its a good show, anyway, when the guy did take it to a video game store to have it appeased it turned out the guy in the video games store said it was only worth $10 and the system did not even power on..

The people selling this stuff for what they think its worth with no real research is a joke.. and they should be punished, i myself reported it to ebay stating that there is soem fraud going on here..

i urge others to do the same

Well, watching the FULL episode of storage wars in question , the guy who thought he would get 13k found out otherwise and got laughed at by a fellow buyer..

check it out here is the link and to see this epic failure watch the last 5 mins of the show.

http://www.aetv.com/storage-wars/video/?bcpid=753904050001&bclid=901962281001&bctid=1096045289001

ps. does anyone know this guy who ran the video game store?

...and there's more:

- chipless1953

Dear chipless1953,

Please dont insult storage wars its a good show, anyway, when the guy did take it to a video game store to have it appeased it turned out the guy in the video games store said it was only worth $10 and the system did not even power on..

The people selling this stuff for what they think its worth with no real research is a joke.. and they should be punished, i myself reported it to ebay stating that there is soem fraud going on here..

Appeasment rarely works, look at how much good it did for England before and during WWII. How and why do you punish some idiot trying to sell something for more than its worth? Look at Mcgrails prices, should we punish him also?

...and there's more:

- chipless1953

Dear chipless1953,

Appeasment rarely works, look at how much good it did for England before and during WWII. How and why do you punish some idiot trying to sell something for more than its worth? Look at Mcgrails prices, should we punish him also?

YES!

• Like 1

Ok in talking to the crazy lady about her troubles pricing an NES system i Figured i would try some reason boy was i wrong!

Once you see what she is asking for it its self explanitory

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11050.m43.l1123/7?euid=6b0cafb012974d40acc2eeba791dea74&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D200662943277%26ssPageName%3DADME%3AX%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1123

here is a transcript of the conversation:

To: autumn_501

Subject: Details about item: toraborakid sent a message about Original NES system and rare games #200662943277

Sent Date: Oct-17-11 18:43:11 PDT

Dear autumn_501,

Hi, i wrote you before about information on this item and i have not received a response as of yet..(here are the questions i asked)

Dear autumn_501,

I have many questions about this item.

1:the yobo gun is NOT ORIGINAL TO THE NES, so how is that NOt a reproduction?

2: the Front of the NES system has a scratch that is seen in the picture.

3: Are there battery's in the gold cartridges? and if so what condition are they in and can we see the battery connection in a pic?

4:Do u have the boxes or manual for these games? if so whats there condition?

5: Do u have the BOX for the NES system and what condition is it in and does it have all the packing?

6: is there an instructions to hook up this system to a TV?

7: If there are people selling reproductions do u know the vendors who are doing this and if so can u please let me know who they are?

i am very interested and before i buy it now i need to know these facts for im a collector of these games, and its for my son..

Please get back to me asap so i can make my final desision..

NOTE: i NEVER got any information about the system or anything!

To: toraborakid

Subject: Re: Details about item: toraborakid sent a message about Original NES system and rare games #200662943277

Sent Date: Oct-18-11 01:52:44 PDT

Dear toraborakid,

Ok, im just gonna ask what did u write me about, i get more nasty letters than good, im just trying to sell my games but i deal with harassment and had some write me and call me some of the most horrible names for no reason, remind me and maybe i can help you out...

Thank you

- autumn_501

Now this is customer service at its finest...i was like WTF!

Subject: Re: Details about item: toraborakid sent a message about Original NES system and rare games #200662943277

Sent Date: Oct-19-11 17:25:30 PDT

Dear autumn_501,

Hi autumn

I was wondering if u still had the info i requested?

( info on the system itself)

- toraborakid

while asking for information , i informerd her of this atari age thread so i sentr her the link

To: toraborakid

Sent Date: Oct-19-11 18:34:09 PDT

Dear toraborakid,

I just saw the link you sent me and that has to be the most fucking horrible and cruel thing i have ever seen people say just watch it to get my hopes up? Your all truly horrible people to do that to someone trying to make a little money, cruelty doesnt go unpunished, and thats about the worst bit of cruelty i think i have ever seen.

(what she is jawing about is the link to this thread)

- autumn_501

Sent Date: Oct-19-11 19:27:36 PDT

at this point, i figured it was like talking to a wall so i laid it on the table for her

Dear autumn_501,

Hey i could not agree with you more..It is going a bit to far.

but if u read there post, and see where there coming from there not Opposing you making any money, there opposed to overly inflated price's on that item which in turn make it harder for people to collect when u goto a garage sale or flea market and people want outrageous prices way over FMV (fair market value) and they cite prices like you have up there..

makes it bad for everyone whether u collect video games or whatever your into collecting..or even buying day to day

let's say this practice was done in healthcare, your knee operation barring complications may cost u about $35000, now if dr's charged like some of the sellers on ebay and people accepted the price way over FMV (fair market value) your operation in theroy could cost you over $100000..

The point im trying to make is simple,

1: overpricing an item hurts bot buyer and seller in short term and long..

2: REASERCH: ok i can tell you for starters that the YoBo lightgun is NOT an original item from nintendo nor is it licensed by them see link: http://www.80stees.com/products/Replacement-NES-Console.asp

3: Misrepresentation: in your ad, you claim that everything is original nintendo which sorry to say its NOT..

3a: When you say the unit was refurbished, you never mentioned what EXACTLY you did to REFURB IT. cleaning it off is NOT a REFURB!

So to help you out because i know what its like to have alot on you plate and deal with thius crap may i suggest these site's for reserch in pricing your system.

http://www.gamegavel.com/ http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=29&threadid=50692

with the last link being alot more accurate for what we are talking about here.

Please read this for it might help you sell this item and perhaps even get you into collecting while convalescing. (you can only watch so much TV)

keep in touch and good luck on your surgery..

And her final response:

Dear toraborakid,

Im not saying shit to anyone anymore, bc whatever i said is posted there too, that kind of cruelty will bite you all in the ass, thats the most horrible form of cruelty i have ever seen, it will get them all in the end, thats a given.

- autumn_501

- toraborakid

In the end, Atariage users win!

the bad Epay witch is without some poor slobbs cash, and we can rejoyce the putting the screws to these people who try to misrepresent what there selling and selling it for a kings ransom.

VICTORY IS OURS!

If ebay wont watch our back then we must do it ourselfs, PLEASE DONT BE AFRAID ON CALLING THESE PEOPLE OUT GOOD WORK..

Dear toraborakid,

I just saw the link you sent me and that has to be the most fucking horrible and cruel thing i have ever seen people say just watch it to get my hopes up? Your all truly horrible people to do that to someone trying to make a little money, cruelty doesnt go unpunished, and thats about the worst bit of cruelty i think i have ever seen.

(what she is jawing about is the link to this thread)

- autumn_501

If the most horrible and cruel thing she has ever seen in her life is this thread or messages she is getting then she has lived a charmed or very sheltered life lol!

I think she knows she is being ridiculous and hoping someone even less knowledgeable will bite.....

If the most horrible and cruel thing she has ever seen in her life is this thread or messages she is getting then she has lived a charmed or very sheltered life lol!

i agree - this is Mayberry compared to the rest of the internet. she should sell her computer and get out while she can.

Most of the criticism here isn't out of malice or mean spirited intent, it's out of a desire to educate and the frustration of trying to explain what drives the value of a retro console to a person who willfully refuses to understand or listen to the very market that she's trying to appeal to.

clearly, what we've got here is a failure to communicate. Some people you just can't reach.

• Like 1