IGNORED

HELP!! HELP!!

A2600

How did it break? I don't have one handy (as in, I'm too lazy to go look right now), but I imagine it's just attached by a small protrusion on each side that inserts into a hole on the 5200? I'd also imagine this would be the part to break first. If so, I would try the super-glue route if you didn't lose the part that broke off. On the other hand, if it's cracked or broken in some other fashion, you'd probably want to replace the whole thing.

I doubt many spare parts are available (from either individuals or Atari vendors), so your best bet would be to find someone with a broken 5200 who would be willing to sell you the part (assuming it can be taken off without being broken!)

..Al

one of my fist 5200's joystick cover broke off, it was a 4 port model. It has theses four pegs that hold it into plase in the case. if you unscrew the 7 screws on the bottem it'll just come out. The problem I had with mine all four of the retaining pegs broke off. So then you can super glue it back on the pegs back on. I also used a little bit of epoxy just to make it stronger. it seams to me that they should have made it just a bit stonger there but thats just me.

The original USA 4 port (and the 4 port from tawain to a lesser extent) uses a very britle plastic. While I think this shiny black smoked plastic looks great, it wasn't a very good choice, IMO.

The 2 port 5200 uses a more bendable "pebbled" plastic. It seems more durable and looks great. However, to me, it looks more modern and not as "classic" as the original USA 4 port.

Charlie

OK IM SORRY I DIDN'T GIVE THE WHOLE SCOOPE!

I BOUGHT THE CONSOLE 3-YEARS AGO! RIGHT?

IT DIDNT WORK THAT GOOD BUT STILL I LOVED AS MUCH AS ANY OF MY OTHER SYSTEMS!!

THEN ONE DAY I COME FROM SCHOOL AND I HEAR MY MOM SCREAMING AT MY LITTLE BROTHER IN SPANISH!! "CUBAN PARENTS-AMERICAN KID"

SO THE DEAL WAS THAT MY BROTHER YANDE THE LID OFF!!!!

SO SINCE THEN i DIDINT GIVE IT MUCH THOUGHT UNTILL I MOVED MY SYSTEM INTO A VISUAL POINT THERE I NOTICED AND REMEMBERED "IT CHANGES THE PHYSICAL APPERANCE OF THE SYSTEM"

OHH AND AS FOR ITS MALFUCTIONS IT DOES NOT DISPLAY COLORS!! THE GAMES ARE PLAYED IN B&W

NOTICE THIS IS A (4-PORT SYSTEM) I ALSO NEED HELP IN FIXING THAT MALFUNCTION!

I WANT TO RESTORE MY 5200!!

THANKS

BRYAN GARCIA

Bryan: Try using the 5200 on channel 4 (or is it 2, i forget) instead of channel 3.

I have a tuner box on my computer monitor, and if i hook up my 5200 it is also black and white on channel 3 but works fine on the other channel. Mind you, for whatever reason, it only does this on this one tuner. It works just fine on every other tuner I've used it on.

Charlie