IGNORED

I bought a Zork I from Amazon marketplace and the enclosed disk was a copy.

dudeslife

I e-mailed the dude and asked him about it, and this was his reply:

" I noticed the handwritten title but was unsure of how this type of item was originally issued. Does the game work properly?"

I paid $20 + s/h.. the box is in pretty good shape, it has the reference card, registration card, and map. Should I send it back for refund, ask for partial refund and keep it, or is it worth $20 without the disk?

Thanks for any advice.

" I noticed the handwritten title ....."

Either he is a complete moron, or he takes you for one.

I have to say, "back in the day" when I had the Zork trilogy for the Apple 2, both Zork 1 and 2 had graphic labels that you would expect to find, and 3 actually had a label that looked printed out - but handwritten? Never.

It's up to you on what to ask for, but it is a copied game, and since Zork is now sold on GOG, you can rightfully accuse him of piracy. Amazon won't like this. However, consider this - last year I had sold the box and contents for Zork 2, no disk, and ended up getting just under 30 bucks for it.

Your call. I'd ask for at least a partial refund.

Edited by HuckleCat

Stretching possibility here, but it sill could be an original disk.

I have a friend who lent me some of his old original C64 games, and one has the original label barely hanging on and another has a replaced handwritten label. I know this guy and his are originals that just weren't taken care of....

I suppose it's possible this is the same thing. At some point in time, the label has come off and someone has added their own...

I wouldn't bet on it, but.. ;-)

desiv