IGNORED

Just tried out "Video Pinball", a "gift"

Cafeman

Stan jr gave me a free Video Pinball in October at Cinci. I never played it until this past weekend. Well ...

it's pretty dull, isn't it? At first it looks good enough. But then I hit the ball into play ... MINUTES later, I still had not had lost a ball. It bounced around endlessly! Eventually I put the controller down, and watched it continue to bounce all around. zzzzzzzzzzz.... I quit.

I don't have the book, is there any way to make the game fun & challenging? Also, is there only 1 screen?

I gave you Video Pinball? Dude I apologize. Heh, at least I gave it away, I would have felt REALLy bad if you had coughed up jack for it.

Yeah, its a snoozer. I used to play it like crazy as a kid, but then when I got it again last year, I rolled it on the first ball in about 15 minutes, so I've not played it since.

One year ago I rewired a broken Atari Video Pinball Dedicated console to become a controller. I ripped out the PCB and the RF cable and placed a 9 wire controller cable out .. I put in a few switches on the back for various game setups and now I have a "real" flipper feel controller for Atari 2600, 8-bit, and Vectrex pinball games. Makes all the difference in the world!

PS: I used parts from the broken PCB to fix two other AVP consoles!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

don't forget to give Bumper Bash a try too, using the paddle buttons for that game is cool.  I guess that custom Marble Craze controller could use two buttons to make it cool for this game too.  :D

Great idea! I'll add a second button to it and give it a try.

-Chuck

The thing to do in Video Pinball is to see how many times you can get the ball to go over the number rollover. Don't do it more than 255 times, though, as the programmatic counter rolls over back to 0. You get tons bonus points for that rollover after losing a ball (make sure you run over the Atari rollover four times to get a bonus ball).

As for miniature golf: I love that game! I had patterns for the levels except hold #7 (the zig-zag one). I used to play it over my aunt's along with having marathon Blackjack and Golf sessions with my cousin.

Voch