IGNORED

Cheapest place to buy a 5200

PAC MAN FEVER

About 5 years ago, I bought one on ebay untested, it works fine and was only $15 dollars. Of course I needed to get the controllers

fixed, those didn't work. ;)

Seems like untested Atari consoles have a much better chance to work then, Colecovision, Intellivision or Odyssey 2.

Atari made very durable systems, it was the controllers that would always break.

I still see them regularly, and not selling quickly, at game shows/game swap meets priced at $20-$30 dollars (often with missing power pack/RF switch and/or controllers). You can often find some of the missing parts from other vendors at the shows for a reasonable cost (along with games).

A show in your area may only come up once per year, but it's worth finding them and going. A year ago I passed up a boxed 4-port with everything but controllers for $20. This strategy takes more time, but saves money (plus you can offload your doubles if you have any).

Oh and if you find a 2 controller port system, then get it even if it doesn't have the RF switch. those can use any RF switch as opposed to the 4 port ones.

A good point, the four port models need the proprietary Atari auto switch. If you are looking for the four port, get one that has a * in the model number. Thjese along with the two ports work with the 2600 adaptor.