IGNORED

Keyboard Component Owners?

I just saw the French Intellivoice for the first time last week. It's now on my collecting list. :)

the Digiplay box is really cool, I have one too and it's one of my favourite hardware boxes. The Digiplay 2 box is even harder to come by and is also very cool. Mine should arrive this week from Brazil

btw. It´s a canadian and not a french Intellivoice. On my Box is written "Mattel Canada". :-)

really??? Wow. How is it that I've been collecting for 12 years and am Canadian and I'd never seen this before last week? That's whats great about the INTV, I always keep finding new things to collect. :)

Marc, that is an awesome collection!!! And a nice Keyboard Component indeed! :) I see that you also have Odyssey 2 and manyIntellivision variations. Great collection! :)

Thanks:) I sold off my Philips collection long ago. I kept that cart you see on the picture cause it was autographed by Ralph Baer. The INTV box variations are driving me crazy, they have some many small changes... I don't go active after the variations, I just keep them when I got them in an Ebay lot.

Marc, that is an awesome collection!!! And a nice Keyboard Component indeed! :) I see that you also have Odyssey 2 and manyIntellivision variations. Great collection! :)

Thanks:) I sold off my Philips collection long ago. I kept that cart you see on the picture cause it was autographed by Ralph Baer. The INTV box variations are driving me crazy, they have some many small changes... I don't go active after the variations, I just keep them when I got them in an Ebay lot.

Yah, some of the INTV games have a crazy amount of variations. Donkey Kong has 10 different boxes by my count.

After all, I would say that all games with english/french printings are canadian and not french. My Buzz Bombers boxs says "Mattel Canada" too.

But that is something very special. Buzz Bombers: english/french box, italian instructions, additional german instructions. :-)

IT WAS AUTOGRAPHED BY RALPH BAER????? HE'S LITERILLY THE CREATOR OF THE VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!!! That is awesome! How did you get it? I really like your collection!

These were sold to a lucky few at one of the Vegas conventions maybe 10 years ago. I don't remember how many of these were made / signed, but I was fortunate enough to get one myself and it is one of my most treasured pieces.

Ya I. Have one of those. Just picked it up about 2 weeks ago. I can't navigate this website for shit though. I posted something a while ago and you all seem to think I have an attitude. Sorry if I came off rude. Any who. I can't get the tape deck working it doesn't have the box or tapes. Not original ones anyway just some radio shack copies. I really can't even figure out how to respond to the other comment thread I started so if anyone can help me out on value or is interrested in buying you can e mail me at fthebucket@hotmail.com thanks. Ill try to post pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have one of those keyboard components but that is one of the coolest looking keyboard add-ons. I remember as a kid going to Macy's in NYC around 80-82 one xmas season and seeing one of those keyboard components/iIntellivisions on display and being very impressed and wanting one.

I don't collect much for the Inty but I would like to get one of those keyboard units just because I was so impressed by it as a kid.

@bobotech - They were pretty cool, and are pretty nice. It is very powerful for back then. And even though not much software was released, I think you can make your own software with Basic and some blank data tapes? (Does anyone know for sure?) About 4,000 were sold in a test market in California before it was completely scrapped and they were all recalled. Most were returned, but some were kept, and the people had to sign a waiver saying that Mattel Electronics wasn't responcible for any damage or anything and that no more software or hardware for it would be released. Very few remain. And usually when one pops up somewhere, it sells for thousands of dollars because they're so rare. One of my big goals in life is to obtain one in full working condition with plenty of software. It would also be cool to get the printer, but only one has been found, and it had belonged to Papa Intellivision before he sadly passed away and one of his daughters inherited it and a bunch of other cool Intellivision stuff (which did include a Keyboard Component). The Keyboard Component is really cool, and I hope to get it someday. It would go along great with my Intellivision that I got sealed last Christmas. :)

No it was NOT that computer module. That was the flimsy keyboard with a cord that plugged into the Inty if I remember. This was the actual Keyboard Component and I remember it extremely well. It was the one time that I really REALLY wanted the intellivision. It was gloriously huge and had that awesome colorful keyboard. In particular I remember it because the Intellivision sat inside the keyboard component quite a bit similarly to the way the APF game system sat in the Imagination Machine base module which was another system that I wanted badly when I was a kid. I saw the Imagination Machine in Creative Computing and thought it was awesome and I really wanted it. This was around 1979 or so. SO when I saw the famous Keyboard Component for the Intellivision at Macy's in NYC, I was in love since it was so awesomely huge. This occurred in either 1980 or 1981, maybe 1982 but I'm thinking 81.

No it was NOT that computer module. That was the flimsy keyboard with a cord that plugged into the Inty if I remember. This was the actual Keyboard Component and I remember it extremely well. It was the one time that I really REALLY wanted the intellivision. It was gloriously huge and had that awesome colorful keyboard. In particular I remember it because the Intellivision sat inside the keyboard component quite a bit similarly to the way the APF game system sat in the Imagination Machine base module which was another system that I wanted badly when I was a kid. I saw the Imagination Machine in Creative Computing and thought it was awesome and I really wanted it. This was around 1979 or so. SO when I saw the famous Keyboard Component for the Intellivision at Macy's in NYC, I was in love since it was so awesomely huge. This occurred in either 1980 or 1981, maybe 1982 but I'm thinking 81.

Yep, sounds like it was the KC that you saw. Cool. Not many people would have laid eyes on one back in the day. :) :thumbsup:

Yep, sounds like it was the KC that you saw. Cool. Not many people would have laid eyes on one back in the day. :) :thumbsup:

I just never knew how special seeing it in the "wild" so to speak was until a few years ago when I heard about them going for crazy money on ebay. Even though I never had an Intellivision as a kid and I didn't even know anyone who had one, I would still buy the keyboard component today if i won the lottery. Funny how it became an object of obsession for me as a kid but I never saw another one again after that one fateful day in xmas season in NYC at Macy's. It might have been Bloomingdales but Macy's sticks in my mind.

• Like 1

Cmart604 where did you get those photos? There is the printer advertise which I am still missing.

Alex, I bought all of Roger's (Psychostormtrooper) remaining Intellivision stuff which included 7 or 8 CDs/DVDs of images. Those pics were from one of the discs. There's actually pics of other rare INTV stuff, as well as some cool Orphan Overlay and Intelligentvision protos, etc, etc.