IGNORED

How are the "wild finds" in your area?

candiru

It's pretty hit and miss here in Steelers country. We have a lot of Goodwills that will have things very rarely and a couple of thrifts that have stuff pretty often. The flea markets are what they are though there's a lady at the local dirt mall who deals in games and charges an arm and a leg. She's basicly poisoned the place since everyone thinks they can get $80 for any console because "that's what she'd sell it for."

The most common stuff here seems to be NES and Genesis. Atari 2600, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 and Dreamcast are somewhat common as well. Everything else is pretty rare.

It's been very dry here but I did find these two games for $1 a piece this weekend.

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...wareLabelID=190

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...wareLabelID=402

The label is pretty bad on the Football - Realsports Soccer cart. I can't believe it's NSTC. I thought for sure it would have been PAL.

I mean who in America refers to soccer as "football"?

Apart from a few overpriced specialty game stores, the oldest things I can find around me are Genesis games. I stopped collecting VCS games many years ago now. It's just too expensive to do it right, like comic books. Have you noticed that a new, standard, 32-page comic now costs $2.25??? I remember when they were 35 cents. :ponder:

Apart from a few overpriced specialty game stores, the oldest things I can find around me are Genesis games. I stopped collecting VCS games many years ago now. It's just too expensive to do it right, like comic books. Have you noticed that a new, standard, 32-page comic now costs $2.25??? I remember when they were 35 cents. :ponder:

Damn straight. That's why the only time I ever buy comic books is when they end up in the bargain bin at a used book store for $1 or less.

Dry. My last Atari find was a bunch of common boxed Atari carts

(My only boxed Atari gamse so I was Really happy :D )

Hopefully that will keep me going until more Atari shows up

NES is the hardest thing to find because everyone knows what it is

and buys it straight up :( But I have made some NES finds recently.

But still Nothing this year :( :( :roll:

Sears Poker Plus

Sears Speedway II

RealSports Volleyball

I had two of the three already, but both were missing the end labels.

Also:

Space Invaders (5200)

Dirt common I know, but I didn't have one before now!

Pretty good day overall. :)

Sears Poker Plus

Sears Speedway II

RealSports Volleyball

I had two of the three already, but both were missing the end labels.

Also:

Space Invaders (5200)

Dirt common I know, but I didn't have one before now!

Pretty good day overall. :)

Which was the game you didn't already have? If you now have a double of RealSports Volleyball, even without an end label I'd be willing to take it off of your hands :D

Which was the game you didn't already have? If you now have a double of RealSports Volleyball, even without an end label I'd be willing to take it off of your hands :D

I do, and since you asked, first dibs. We'll work out another trade. ;)

I think other than SI 5200, Speedway II was the other one I didn't have. I love finding Sears games. :)

I'm in SE Pennsylvania and I've been on a wicked dry spell and I refuse to buy anything off ebay.

I think when we eventually thaw out in the spring the yard sales will start producing. Been to a few indoor flea type markets,this winter, and nothing promising as of yet.

I do, and since you asked, first dibs. We'll work out another trade. ;)

I think other than SI 5200, Speedway II was the other one I didn't have. I love finding Sears games. :)

Another trade definitely sounds good :) . I've been playing Realsports Volleyball on emulation a lot and it seems to be a very cool game that I would like to own.

Why do you like Sears games? I personally preffer to have the Atari version(although I've never even found a Sear's cart, so I guess that's probably why I feel that way).

Things Have Been going strong here for Over a Year now, and you can find almost anything from Pong Consoles to Lynx Games. Rarer things arew starting to come up a little bit more often now. I'n one year, I've bought about 20 Consoles and 500 Games! All From either Pawnbrokers, Ads In the Paper or Swapmeets! The Thrifts here seem to refuse any Video Games, or charge ridiculous prices! The Only Problem is, that Since all the swapmeets are in Underground Carparks on a Sunday (All Shops Are closed here On Sunday), And there proposing Sunday Trading, The scene may turn to nothing here :sad: :x

The Only Problem is, that Since all the swapmeets are in Underground Carparks on a Sunday (All Shops Are closed here On Sunday), And there proposing Sunday Trading, The scene may turn to nothing here.

Nah, It's cool -- they're early enough to keep running, so long as they can clear out before 9. Which is not a problem since most of the good stuff is gone by about 8. Melville (I think) has already done a copy of early close sessions because of Christmas trading hours. Though they got hosed for a while by some maintenance.

Personally, I gave up on the Quokka 'cause the cool stuff is always Rockingham or further away. Not totally true, but close. ;)

I guess my area which is eastern North Carolina is ok. Ive been back in to atari for a year this month and ive found about 85? Of my 120 or so atari 2600 and 7800 games in the wild with that said i found about 50 of that 85 in two large finds.

The Only Problem is, that Since all the swapmeets are in Underground Carparks on a Sunday (All Shops Are closed here On Sunday), And there proposing Sunday Trading, The scene may turn to nothing here.

Nah, It's cool -- they're early enough to keep running, so long as they can clear out before 9. Which is not a problem since most of the good stuff is gone by about 8. Melville (I think) has already done a copy of early close sessions because of Christmas trading hours. Though they got hosed for a while by some maintenance.

Personally, I gave up on the Quokka 'cause the cool stuff is always Rockingham or further away. Not totally true, but close. ;)

Check Out The Readers Mart in the Sunday Times, I got a Boxed, sealed Master System Orginal from it and the person was in my Suburb ;). The Shopping Center closest to me (Warwick Grove), has a large one each week and normally all the good stuff is out by 10! The Wanneroo Showgrounds Telethon swapmeets are also good! It also helps being the only Classic Console Collector North of The Swan River!

Check Out The Readers Mart in the Sunday Times, I got a Boxed, sealed Master System Orginal from it and the person was in my Suburb ;).

Not bad. I haven't used my SMS since I scored an official Sega Mega Master Converter. (The one that fits the MD 1 perfectly and includes the card slot.) Not that I use the adapter much since it won't function through a 32X.

The Shopping Center closest to me (Warwick Grove), has a large one each week and normally all the good stuff is out by 10!

Warwick Grove has been pretty sparce the last couple of times I've been there. Admittedly there's been some nice stuff there, but I thought it was mostly dead.

The Wanneroo Showgrounds Telethon swapmeets are also good!

The best. Bonus, during summer they're not in a shopping centre car park.

It also helps being the only Classic Console Collector North of The Swan River!

Not so, have you met Ben? (sales@benmemphis.com on eBay) I thought you might be Ben, but last time I got something from him he was closest to Karrinyup. There's also John (jpc100), but he hasn't got back into the collecting swing yet because of a new job.

I should wear my AA T-shirt to the swap-meets. If you spot me, say hello.

I forgot about ben, but He seems to stick around Karrinyup Swapmeet (Crappy Swapmeet) and that area. I'm around Whitfords and Warwick Cause I live in Greenwood. I've got many from Warwick, A Colecovision, Boxed Colecovision, 6 Switcher, etc. My Local Cashies, I got 14 Boxed 2600 games from. Also, the Master System Was My first console way back years ago.

2600 carts are fairly abundant here (Phoenix) IF you know where to look. I usually don't have a problem with finding good carts. What I seem to have trouble finding here is Sega Master System carts. For some unknown reason, they are scarce here? Just one of those mysteries of the universe I guess!!

Here in Southern Colorado, Sega Master System carts are pretty abundant. It's weird, because I moved here from Ohio, and they were pretty scarce there. It seems like the SMS sold much heavier in certain parts of the country.

As far as classic stuff here, it's pretty dry. When I first moved here a few years ago, the thrifts were pretty stocked with good stuff. But now it's not likely that I'll find anything good. You can still get Combats and Pac-Mans, but very unlikely rarer carts. :(

Anyone here do much thrifting in Denver? I've been up there a couple of times and have found a few things, but it's too long of a drive for me.

I've got many from Warwick, A Colecovision, Boxed Colecovision, 6 Switcher, etc. My Local Cashies, I got 14 Boxed 2600 games from. Also, the Master System Was My first console way back years ago.

I (stupidly) passed on a CD drive for an Amiga 500 at Warwick a year or so ago.

It's giving away the game, but I've had by far the most luck with Kardynia. Boxed 800XL with printer, disk and tape drives. 6-switch 2600 with a dozen boxed games. Boxed Colecovision with 7 boxed games and a boxed steering wheel.