IGNORED

What do you guys think of the Turbo Grafx/Duo?

The TG 16 / Turbo Duo are one of the best systems ever made in my opinion. I never had a problem with any of mine - ever. Not even a worn controller, and believe me, I racked some serious hours on that thing. As for games, it's only weak point was sports games - or lack of but I don't care for those so it never mattered to me. The total game library was 138 games, plus a few newer homebrews if I remember correctly. The system had some of the best shooters ever, killer pinball games, awesome RPG's, fun platformers, and Bomberman. Real Bomberman - not shitty N64 Bomberman. A complete game list is here:

http://www.workingdesigns.com/

If you wanna get either one, get the Turbo Duo. It has the better system card built in, already had stereo a/v jacks (the Regular TG you need the Turbo Booster or CD unit), of course the cd unit, and is less bulky. You can still get them new here:

http://www.tzd.com/forsale.cgi

And interestingly, TZD is listing a converter to play imports is available to buy.........You could get one of those to play any import huCard with the exception of a few of the "Arcade" enhanced games - mostly Neo Geo fighters. To play those you need an Arcade Pro Or Duo Card in addition to a converter. But with a converter, you would increase the game library to around 1000 different games. Also, any CD game - American or Import - will play without any mods or converters. Also, back up copies are playable with no mods. There are a few extremely expensive rarer games, but most are pretty affordable.

Then, if you like handhelds, the Turbo Express plays all Hucards - no need to buy seperate games for it. It also has a TV tuner available and in my opinion, it is still the most kick ass heldheld ever.

Hope this helps :)

Ok here's what I'd say:

Shooters:

R Type

Aeroblasters

Blazing Lazers

Dead moon

Lords Of Thunder

Gates Of Thunder

Psychosis

Sidearms

Soldier Blade

Veigues Tactical Gladiator

Most overrated and overpriced - Cotton

RPG

ANY Working Designs game

Any Y's game

Nuetopia 1 & 2

Puzzle:

Cratermaze

Bomberman

Timeball

Boxyboy

Action/Adventure

Any of them kick ass except maybe Dragons Curse which is WonderBoy If I recall

I don't know, it would be easier to list what isn't good but I can only think of a few :) There are quite a few games that really are just different and can't be classified but they are still sweet.

Ok here's what I'd say:

Shooters:

R Type

Aeroblasters

Blazing Lazers

Dead moon

Lords Of Thunder

Gates Of Thunder

Psychosis

Sidearms

Soldier Blade

Veigues Tactical Gladiator

Most overrated and overpriced - Cotton

RPG

ANY Working Designs game

Any Y's game

Nuetopia 1 & 2

Puzzle:

Cratermaze

Bomberman

Timeball

Boxyboy

Action/Adventure

Any of them kick ass except maybe Dragons Curse which is WonderBoy If I recall

I don't know, it would be easier to list what isn't good but I can only think of a few :) There are quite a few games that really are just different and can't be classified but they are still sweet.

Are these all US? Or are some of them imports?

Turbo Duo rules, I programmed games for all 3 of them, the SNES, the GENESIS and the TGFX16 and the hardware on the Turbo is by far the best.

Just my $0.02,- !

What games have you programmed? Have you some for sale?

For all 3 systems I am interested on a list. :D

And don't forget Dracula X, a great Jump & Run. Its a Castlevania game. :)

Japan only, but CD-ROM. So it work on an USA System. :)