IGNORED

My new 128D

Shephda

Cool! Looks clean! Have fun with it...

Thanks!

It's real clean, there are a few blems but they are minor. It works perfectly and the drive is in pretty goo alignment.

This will replace my old 128D. I'll clear it up and post it for sale. It's a good system but the poor keyboard is so yellow it's almost orange. :) But it work great also.

Nice score on the C=128D. BTW nice D-104 just seeing that takes me back to the days when i was into CB/Ham (still am just no hardware)

Thanks!

Yeah that's my other hobby. The D-104 is hooked up to a Heathkit DX-60 that I restored (the HG-10 VFO is next to it, near completed) it makes the DX-60 smoke on AM. I run it om 40 and 80 meters. Just to the right of 128D is the speaker to my Realistic DX-160 receiver, I use it with an old Heathkit DX-35 and VF1 VFO, nice little CW setup.

I need to get a few picks of my updated radio shack\Commodore room here soon. I keep saying I'm going too, but then I go and change things around. Good thing is, My A2000 has a new HD and back working, I have the new 128D and only need to get the cable ran to get it on the BBS's.

But no pics this weekend, last camping trip of the year and I need a nice bonfire and some Vodka! :D

• Like 1

Great find! Man, that brings back memories -- that was my very first computer. Not too many 128 games, but of course it runs the full 64 catalog. We had the Commodore monitor as well and sat it right on top of the computer, never had a problem. I liked being able to have the keyboard in my lap or stretched out also.

Thanks!

It's real clean, there are a few blems but they are minor. It works perfectly and the drive is in pretty goo alignment.

This will replace my old 128D. I'll clear it up and post it for sale. It's a good system but the poor keyboard is so yellow it's almost orange. :) But it work great also.

The yellowing is easily fixed in an afternoon. Retrobrite...

Thanks! It's real clean, there are a few blems but they are minor. It works perfectly and the drive is in pretty goo alignment. This will replace my old 128D. I'll clear it up and post it for sale. It's a good system but the poor keyboard is so yellow it's almost orange. :) But it work great also.
The yellowing is easily fixed in an afternoon. Retrobrite...

That's what I hear. Never tried it myself.

I'm going to make sure she's good to go, price it right, and let someone else enjoy her.

Not going to do the e-Bay thing, I'd rather just price it fair and go from there.

Nice score on the C=128D. BTW nice D-104 just seeing that takes me back to the days when i was into CB/Ham (still am just no hardware)

Thanks!

Yeah that's my other hobby. The D-104 is hooked up to a Heathkit DX-60 that I restored (the HG-10 VFO is next to it, near completed) it makes the DX-60 smoke on AM. I run it om 40 and 80 meters. Just to the right of 128D is the speaker to my Realistic DX-160 receiver, I use it with an old Heathkit DX-35 and VF1 VFO, nice little CW setup.

I need to get a few picks of my updated radio shack\Commodore room here soon. I keep saying I'm going too, but then I go and change things around. Good thing is, My A2000 has a new HD and back working, I have the new 128D and only need to get the cable ran to get it on the BBS's.

But no pics this weekend, last camping trip of the year and I need a nice bonfire and some Vodka! :D

Just noticed your location, Kettering Oh. I live in Springfield Oh. We have probably talked to each other at sometime if you lived around in ohio at some point during when i was talking. i hanged around on channels 21(with blind angel before she died), 29, 32. i was always talking with Crazy (I knew when he was talking because he would bleed on every channel and plug my ears, always talking skip). I forget many of the normals handles, its been around 9+ years since i have touched any CB/Ham hardware. I would probably remember their handles if i heard them. I went by CT (had a old Siltronix and another old tube type ham, you just could not beat old tube radios, i mainly used a old Cobra mobile that was P&T by Crazy, i later had a crappy cobra 2010), my cousin went by bountyhunter (he used a cobra 2000). all i can say great times.

Sorry about derailing your topic.

Edited by madmax2069

BTW Heathkit is getting back into the kits market again.

http://www.heathkit.com/

Thank you for your overwhelming response to our announcement that Heathkit is back into the Do-it-Yourself kits business. We received many great suggestions for kits you would like to build.

We will be releasing Garage Parking Assistant kit (GPA-100) in late September and soon after the Wireless Swimming Pool Monitor kit will be available.

Based on your input, we are looking at developing amateur radio kits. Our goal is to have kits available by the end of year.

• Like 1

Thanks!

Now I gotta ask - what's your callsign? Curious if I've ever ran into you on 20/40m.

Brian (KF5MDY)

Thanks!

Now I gotta ask - what's your callsign? Curious if I've ever ran into you on 20/40m.

Brian (KF5MDY)

It's

-. ---.. .. . :-D

73 de Dan, N8IE

Sweet Deal,congrats! Wish I could get mine from my bros! Got 3 no video output problems. Tried everything. :?

Thanks.

Ouch, that sucks. My old trusty 128D is a good machine other than an orange keyboard. LOL way beyond yellow but works fine.

Going to go up for sale when I get my stuff together. Been buying too much, now I need to clean up and post stuff for sale. :)

that thing looks SCHA-WEET!

wish i had a 128D even more now :'(

(anyone wanna sell one for less then a pint of blood? non-working or even orange is fine as lang as it is complete...)

sloopy.

It looks great! Zero yellowing ;)

Yeah, I've picked up 3 in this condition this year. One was a boxed unit complete. I decided to keep this one as I feel my luck might run dry.

Been getting a lot of C= stuff come my way this year, I'm scared I might be featured on an upcoming episode of Hoarders. :rolling:

Ok, finally got my C128D and my other C= stuff together and setup in the radio room.

Decided to pack up the Amiga, it was distracting me from my beloved 128D. :-D

So here is the new line up:

C128D

1581 x2

C2N

Star NX1000C

Super Snapshot V4

Supra modem interface to PC running BBS Server.

Now I have to sort through a ton of disks and get then in order. :)

myc1.jpg

myc2.jpg

myc3.jpg