IGNORED

Psquare's Gameroom Progress.

psquare75

I don't have a picture of "before", but it was the typical spare room with ratty carpet. New paint on walls and trim, curtains and floor.

CIMG1809.jpg

Just picked up this TV stand tonight. Using a big (not sure of size, 22"?) tube TV. Plans are to keep the "CD" systems hooked up all the time, and use an AV switch box between them. (The 8 bit and 5200 are in there just to save space right now. The Genesis is too large to really move around, so that'll stay hooked up as well.)

CIMG1811.jpg

I'm going to do some shelf rails on the wall (similar to what a retail store uses), mount some shelves, and have one shelf per console.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The lamp is awesome. My parents got it for me for Christmas a few years ago. I finally have a place to put it. I really haven't done much in the room, mostly going through every other room in the house and the basement, trying to consolidate all my gaming/computer stuff. I sold all of my Nintendo Powers years ago, but I still have Gamepros from 90 - 95.. Looks like I need a shelf for these. They are handy when trying to look for new games to play, however.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! I like the posters and the plush pac-man. I love the wall color. My wife insists on having at least one red room in our house at all times. Are the systems on the shelves above the TV plugged in? If not how easy is it to pull them down and plug into the TV?

Thanks! They are not plugged in. TV has AV inputs in front and a cable around the front to the RF connector. If a cable comes off I keep it off in storage until playing (the N64 power supply stays attached, it stows easily with the unit). Playing goes like this

Take down unit

If needed, go into closet, where I have controllers and power supply/video hookups sorted by system in large plastic drawers (NES, SNES, etc).

Plug in

set TV

Play.

When finished, back on the shelf, or keep down on the small coffee table if still playing (I'm in N64 mode right now, so that's been hooked up for the past week.)

Some people probably prefer to have all their systems hooked up at once, I didn't want to have to deal with 4 switch boxes daisy chained. This way, my gf or a guest can do it without assistance. (not saying they are stupid at all, just seems silly to go "OK hun, to play SNES set switchbox 1 to A, switchbox 2 to C, and switchbox 3 to B). This displays nicely, and as much as I want to say I'm a hardcore gamer, if I get in 2 hours on a night, it's a special night, so I didn't see a need to try and keep everything wired. Besides, if they were all connected, the controllers wouldn't reach the couch, for the most part.

Edited by psquare75

• 6 months later...