IGNORED

EProm Eraser Question?

disjaukifa

You could put them in direct sunlight, that's the cheapest way to do it! :D

I wish I could help, but I'm also starting to get into this stuff as well. What programmer are you using?

Yeah I rather not wait the 3 weeks it would take to erase it. I got Batronix BX32. Hopefully I will be getting it in the mail today . . . I really can not stand DHL . . .

It will take a bit longer in weaker/cheaper eraser, shorter in a more powerful one.

The true budget option is a UV toothbrush sanitzer: http://www.dealextre...ine-white-10131

Yes, it really works.

I wonder where I could get one of those cheap in the US? I saw those I was thinking that might work but I wasn't sure.

It will take a bit longer in weaker/cheaper eraser, shorter in a more powerful one.

The true budget option is a UV toothbrush sanitzer: http://www.dealextre...ine-white-10131

Yes, it really works.

Would this work? The one you listed is out of stock http://www.dealextreme.com/p/uv-toothbrush-sanitizer-sterilizer-cleaner-2-aaa-34720

It should work, but the timer is a bit short on that one. You'll probably want to run it 20 or 30 minutes to ensure all the bits are flipped, so with a 5 minute timer you'll have to reset it 4-6 times.

They also likely have name brand ones at Sears or Walmart, though they'll be more in the $20 or $30. Just make sure the timer lasts at least 10 minutes.

I have one like this i had bought on eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2608198464181?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260819846418&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] a while ago. The timer is mechanical, kind of cheap, and doesn't give any time units but it seemed to work well and was cheap. I think I only paid about $15+shipping and got it from a U.S. seller (you will see a lot of the same or similiar unit from lots of Chinese sellers and a few US sellers). I was kind of leery of the hole in the front of the drawer that let's you know its on, but guess it's ok as long as you don't stick your eye up to it.

The real budget option is mine :) it consists of a regular 4" flourescent lamp with a germicidal tube, and it's taped into a black VHS case. the switch is accessed through a hole cut in the case. Yeah, I know it doesn't have that silly safety stuff but my glasses have polycarbonate lenses which block all UV.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have one like this i had bought on eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2608198464181?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260819846418&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] a while ago. The timer is mechanical, kind of cheap, and doesn't give any time units but it seemed to work well and was cheap. I think I only paid about $15+shipping and got it from a U.S. seller (you will see a lot of the same or similiar unit from lots of Chinese sellers and a few US sellers). I was kind of leery of the hole in the front of the drawer that let's you know its on, but guess it's ok as long as you don't stick your eye up to it.

I just got one of those as well, what a piece of crap, and it smells like death. The timer worked once. BUT, it does erase chips. And I point the whole away, I don't want it reasing my DNA.

• Like 1