IGNORED

Favorite 7800 game

5200 Collector Dude

It's a shame that some of them are so hard to find, this makes it difficult for players to try them out. I know that collectors usually have the rare one's but people that just play don't usually drop the kind of money some of these games go for. Some of you guys mention Fatal Run but even that is pretty hard to find and expensive. You're looking at around 20-something for a cart only and about 50 for a CIB.

Food Fight is by far my favorite 7800 game. Other than the XE version I don't know of another machine that has a home port of it. I'm also a huge fan of 7800 Centipede, Asteroids, Robotron, Galaga, and Ball Blazer. Actually pretty much all the arcade ports are very well done. Even Rampage is enjoyable despite its "Muppet Babies" look to the monsters. :)

lol..the monsters in Rampage do look kinda like muppet babies.

• 3 weeks later...

Of the old stuff: Commando, Xevious, Desert Falcon, Robotron, Ninja Golf and Xenophobe.

Of course, with all of the awesome homebrews I would have to add Jr Pac, Super Pac, Space Duel, Moon Cresta and Failsafe, And Beef Drop. And, uh, Pac Man Collection. And...

Aw hell, just add all of the homebrews. Seriously, is the 7800 turning into the highest quality homebrew console ever or what?

Commando

Food Fight

Robotron 2084

Galaga

Centipede

Xevious [even though I suck]

Asteroids [ though it kinda sucks] Pretty sad most of them are old rehashed games.

Looking forward to getting Plutos and Sirius in the near future.

I would guess IM will become my favorite as that is the one and only reason I bought a 7800, a custom cart with the game fix is in the works.

Many of the other 7800 games are just 'eh, 'uh or lame to me.

Got 3 games in today from a forum member who was kind enough to meet with me [ thanks again]

Sentinel , Interesting oddity, fun shooter ,but repetitious.

Ninja Golf, Feels unfinished , but the pleasant surprise of the 3 !

Ikari Warriors, I dont get all the hoo-haa... This has nothing on commando or any other army game on any other system..short shooting range, easy to get killed., forget it.... :(

Alien Brigade is on its way... I am hoping its not a turd !

Planet smashers , in the works but I hear its a dud... though it seems to be one I would like for some reason :) could make my list of likes...

Good and bad games on every Atari system... I think the limited list of games makes the 7800 a one or two trick pony... Gimme a 5200 any day.

UPDATE !!!

Commando

Alien Brigade NEW !!!

Food Fight

Robotron 2084

Galaga

Centipede

Xevious [even though I suck]

Asteroids [ though it kinda sucks] Pretty sad most of them are old rehashed games.

Looking forward to getting Plutos and Sirius in the near future.

I would guess IM will become my favorite as that is the one and only reason I bought a 7800, a custom cart with the game fix is in the works.

Many of the other 7800 games are just 'eh, 'uh or lame to me.

Got 3 games in today from a forum member who was kind enough to meet with me [ thanks again]

Sentinel , Interesting oddity, fun shooter ,but repetitious.

Ninja Golf, Feels unfinished , but the pleasant surprise of the 3 !

Ikari Warriors, I dont get all the hoo-haa... This has nothing on commando or any other army game on any other system..short shooting range, easy to get killed., forget it.... :(

Alien Brigade is on its way... I am hoping its not a turd !

Planet smashers , in the works but I hear its a dud... though it seems to be one I would like for some reason :) could make my list of likes...

Good and bad games on every Atari system... I think the limited list of games makes the 7800 a one or two trick pony... Gimme a 5200 any day.

Alien Brigade came today... Almost sad I cracked into a sealed box, but thats what they are meant for !! awesome game A new second fave game for 7800 !

• 7 months later...

5200 but from what I read they dont have controllers that even work..so what good is that?? Ikari warrirors is great if you like early 80's arcade classics..with Bob cranking out games the 7800 is king..

5200 but from what I read they dont have controllers that even work..so what good is that?? Ikari warrirors is great if you like early 80's arcade classics..with Bob cranking out games the 7800 is king..actually after showing us the new Bentley Bear game hes making, everything Atari is in the dust!!

Edited by Jinks

In My opinion, COMMANDO is the best game ever made for the 7800 console.

It uses the pokey chip too which is a definate plus.

Most importantly the gameplay is off the chain even by todays standards.

Its one of those games that you can play over and over again, because its nonstop action.

Certainly better than the other console versions of the game that was out at the time.

According to a lot of peoples opinion, its a little bit too slow, but to me its just right.

It stays true to the arcade version other than the speed and graphics, but as graphics are concerned for home consoles of the 1980s, dam good.....

Nintendo's version was crap.

If only Atari made more games like that for the 7800.....Coulda woulda shoulda.....too late.

They waited too long to put games like this out in 1989 to 90.........

But if they would of, they could of gave Nintendo a run for there money.

Commando is #1 for this system and if you don't have it, GET IT......its worth the time if your an atari 7800 gamer.

Works better with European style joypad controllers.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the 7800 ported arcade games very well like the Donkey Kongs,Joust,Pacman games,Robotron,DigDug,Crossbow and also Impossible Mission was good,but to choose out of them is difficult but I would have to say Ms.Pacman i think.