IGNORED

Z26 Emulator Question

Bivotar

I have a problem with the Z26 emulator I'm trying to run here at work. It is using the PC speaker for sound and I can't figure out how to disable it. Since I'm at work, I'd like it to be completely silent :roll:

I'd prefer not to jack with the Soundblaster settings. Is there some switch to completely disable sound??

TIA

I just looked through the command-line options, and unless the "-quiet" option is talking about the sound settings, I don't see an obvious way to disable the output of the PC Speaker. If there is presently no way to disable the sound, I'm sure that would be pretty easy for the Z26 authors to add.. Your other option is to use a Windows-based emulator (assuming you're running Windows at work) which will allow you to control the volume more easilyl

..Al

Hi Eckhard!

As Albert guessed, the -q (for quiet) command line option does disable the sound output in z26. Somehow I seem to forget that myself all the time too. ;)

You can put it into the Z26.CLI file, so you don't need to remember.

(Phew... whom am I telling that... :roll: :D )

Greetings,

Manuel

I have a problem with the Z26 emulator I'm trying to run here at work. It is using the PC speaker for sound and I can't figure out how to disable it. Since I'm at work, I'd like it to be completely silent :roll:

I'd prefer not to jack with the Soundblaster settings. Is there some switch to completely disable sound??

TIA

You crack me up Dan. :) Get a home office like mine! Then you can run an emulator at work all you want. ;)